Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ipv6 Support

pittmat
Follower

Ipv6 Support

Hi

trying to make ipv6 work to my isp using said D7000 cpe, the isp assigns an ipv6 delegated prefix only - no separate ipv6 wan address. The ISP requires a pppoe connection to be made to it, over which it will provide both v4 and v6 service via. So i need the cpe to do an ipv6 dhcp request, and to request IA_PD, it can request IA_NA but it won't be provided. In looking at how to set this up, in all of the options under Advanced>IPv6>Internet Connection Type> ie. auto-detect, auto-config, passthrough and dhcp,  none of these cause the cpe to open ipv6cp with the network (so not sure how auto detect can actually work in a pppoe environment if it hasn't established ipv6cp with the network - nothing to detect?). The only option that seems to do anything useful is if i select pppoe, however i then end up with two ppp sessions with the network, one single stacked and supporting ipv4 only, the second supporting ipv6 only. how do i make the cpe do its dhcpv6 request over the existing ppp connection - not start a second one just for ipv6?

thanks for any help. I have upgraded to the latest firmware.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Ipv6 Support

Hello pittmat 

Are you still having these issue or found a work around?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7