Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the D6200 NBN and VOIP ready?

Dungogvolts
Follower

Is the D6200 NBN and VOIP ready?

It is really hard to get an answer from anyone. I rang the tech service and I could not understand the poor guy.

So here goes I have the NBN available to connect to but do not want to connect to any of the BIG providers as I do not want to pay $60 - $70 or more for features I do not want. All I am after is the NBN and maybe I might set up VOIP to make a few calls but mainly for people to contact me without  them having to paying the high mobile rates by calling my mobile phone.

So before I go off and get a plan I need to know if my D6200 Modem Router is NBN and VOIP ready and to push the friendship if it is VOIP ready how do I or can I connect my landline phone, a Uniden handset, to it? Do I just plug it into one of the LAN ports on the back?

My provider Exetel is useless and cannot answer my questions they either talk in tech speak that I do not understand or just leave it up to me to find out.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Is the D6200 NBN and VOIP ready?

Hello Dungogvolts

The D6200 Does not have phone ports on it to connect regular phones to it. But if the provider provides some type of box that connects via Ethernet to the D6200 it should work if it just needs a internet connection.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Anne123
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM

I have the same modem (and provider). So am I right in thinking that the only way I could connect to Voip is with a VoIP adaptor (ATA)?

Thanks

Anne

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Anne123

That is correct.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats