Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

_Issue with windstream internet connection using d7000v1

Rickie_Manuel
Aspirant

_Issue with windstream internet connection using d7000v1

Okay, I purchased the d7000 in october last year and have been using since then. Sometimes when we have a bad rain storm we lose our internet and have to call windstream to get them to reset the connection and we are back up. This time I can't get that resolution. Ive rebooted the router and changed firmware. If i try the wizard It just comes back to ask do I want the genie to try to setup the connection with the same result, asking if i want the genie to setup. The internet light comes up amber, dsl light is white, the power light is white. talking to windstream they say to talk to manufacture to get the ip address, says that the modem needs to be configured correctly. Tech said VPI is 0 and VCI is 35 and thats all thats needed to connect. I have the connection transfer mode is ADSL(ATM) dsl mode auto, multiplex is LLC-BASED, VPI 0 VCI 35, PPoE. In the stats it show link rate for my connection but when i tell it to connect it just comes back to the screen with no connection and no explanation of what went wrong. I just can't figure out what has changed when it was working fine and we only had a rain storm, no changes in speed or anything else to make the connection change. thanks for any help you can provide.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: _Issue with windstream internet connection using d7000v1

Did you, by any chance, create a backup of your working settings before the thing crashed out?

Restoring that would ensure that you at least have a known working configuration.

Maybe if you said which ISP it is someone migyt have further thoughts.

There is support for the D7000 range, including manuals, somewhere at the end of these links:

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 2 of 5
Rickie_Manuel
Aspirant

The ISP is Windstream like i had in the original message. the DSL light goes white, the internet goes amber after i get the setup done. If i tell it to connect to the ISP, the dsl light never changes. the logs never show that it even tries to connect but does show the dsl being up. I never get any codes or messages from the setup. If i try to use the wizard it will look for the conection for about a minute afterwich it returns to the very start of the wizard, so no errors or messages at all! just bounce back to the begining. could their be a flash the updates the wizard or reinstalls the wizard if it has corruption issues? It looks like there is something wrong with either the software on the router or the hardware has an issue, althought the power light goes solid white and the dsl light goes solid white. I believe i have the correct setup since it shows my line having 28mb downstream rate and 1.5mb upstream. Anyone have any ideas? manual doesnt have anything to trouble shoot the router not even trying to connect to the ISP who says the line shows no issues!

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 5

@Rickie_Manuel wrote:

the DSL light goes white, the internet goes amber after i get the setup done. If i tell it to connect to the ISP, the dsl light never changes. the logs never show that it even tries to connect but does show the dsl being up.

The lights suggest that it finds the DSL signal but fails to login to your ISP.

You mention the wizard. Is that using the browser's graphical user interface (GUI)? If you are lucky it will detect your DSL connection and connect without too much intervention on your part. But that depends on its understanding of what your ISP is up to.

I don't get the bit about "after i get the setup done". Connecting to the ISP is a part of the setup.

I assume that you have got these settings:

Are third-party broadband DSL modems compatible or supported by Windstream Internet? | Support | Win...

Message 4 of 5
Rickie_Manuel
Aspirant

the wizard im using is when you log onto the modem/router through the web interface. Thats what im trying to get someone to understand, when I reset the router with the button on the back, dsl light will go white solid, the internet light is off. I can try using the web interface to start the wizard, which has worked before, i tell it the ISP and then it goes looking for the connections after about a minute of the wheel turning, the wizard restarts at the very beginning, with no errors or messages at all, just says do you want to use the wizard to setup your connection. If i go in and tell it all the settings then the internet light will go to amber. If i look at the stats, it shows like everything is fine. ill put in a screenshot of it. The manual says that when the dsl llight is flashing the modem is trying to connect to the ISP. when i go to the connections screen and hit the connect button, I see nothing going on witht the DSL light, no flashing, nothing, like it isnt even trying to connect at all. Then its a dead stop, can't get anything else to happen. I can power cycle the modem and it just comes back up with the same lights and the Log file never shows it trying to connect but it will say that DSL is up. router stats after i put in the isp settings.router stats after i put in the isp settings.

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7