Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Logging onto DGND3700

Finn88
Aspirant

Logging onto DGND3700

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone is having the same problem as I am when attempting to log onto the modem/router?

I have a win 7 system connected directly into the modem via ethernet. I am having no problems with my network internet, or my wireless connection. I have two other win 7 units, a winxp laptop in the house, as well as various smart phones, a TV and a ps3 which all connect with no problems.

When I type into a command box ipconfig/all, the gateway tells me it's 192.168.0.1. Excellent, I'm good to go.

I type the above ip address into the address bar in internet explorer (or firefox), and I get nothing. It sits there for ages, and if I'm lucky I'll get an error page. No box appears to let me type in my known username or password. Nothing.

The only way I can get around this is to turn off my modem/router at the rear of the unit, and turn it back on again (usually I wait 30sec in between for good measure). I haven't timed it yet, but I can then get access for a short time by typing in the above ip address into the address bar and away I go. If I try to login to the router at a later time (15mins perhaps), I have the same access problem again. This goes for any of the other computers on the network. After I reset the modem, I can get access for a short amount of time, and then nothing until I reset the modem.

I have updated the unit to the latest firmware - 1.0.0.17.

Is anyone else having similar issues, and have you managed to fix this?

I'm sure once I get this issue solved, then I will be able to remote access the unit as well as use the ftp functionality.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Logging onto DGND3700

if have already flash the firmware then HARD RESET the router and check the issues.
Message 2 of 7
Finn88
Aspirant

Ok. I'll give that a go and report back on how it went. Thank You
Message 3 of 7
tpcguy
Guide

Hi,

Just read your post, First thing you'll do is to save a backup config file then reflash the FW and perform factory reset. If the same problem persists after doing the steps, you can try to change the LAN IP segment of the device to 10.0.0.1 or 172.16.0.1. Hope that will fix it!
Message 4 of 7
Scubbie
Apprentice

Occasionally I need to reboot my router so that I can access the GUI. Typically I use IE9.

I have reported the issue and experienced the same problem yesterday.

Monitor the situation and see if it improves or occurs again. If it does, log a support ticket on the Netgear site.
Message 5 of 7
Finn88
Aspirant

All good now. I reset the modem back to it's factory settings. I probably could have reloaded the config file but instead I changed all the settings back manually. I can now log onto my modem via the ip address 192.168.0.1 at any time (even remotely) instead of having to turn the unit off and then back on again. Thanks heaps.:)
Message 6 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

sounds like a plan... enjoy 🙂
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements