Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My D7000v2 keeps dropping connection

Chrislong111
Follower

My D7000v2 keeps dropping connection

My D7000v2 keeps dropping its internet conenction every couple of hours. Ive upgraded everything to the lastest firmware (.56) and reset the modem humourous times, I keeps happening. It shuts the 5Ghz connection as well as the 2.5ghz connection constantly and I have manually turn the modem of then on again. Im not sure why its dropping the connection so often but I suspect it has something to do with the amount of devices connected, as I do have around 6+ devices connected to either network. But I may be wrong about my assumption. Please help its quite annoying as I have work that requires a constant connection.  Quick note - I'm connected through WAN and not DSL as i am using optic fibre. please please please help  otherwise have an amazing day.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: My D7000v2 keeps dropping connection

@Chrislong111 wrote:

....I suspect it has something to do with the amount of devices connected, as I do have around 6+ devices connected to either network.

Unlikely. Six is nothing.

@Chrislong111 wrote:

I'm connected through WAN and not DSL as i am using optic fibre. please please please help  otherwise have an amazing day.

I assume that you have configured this thing for a cable service.

See Set Up the Modem Router for Cable or Fiber Service on the manual.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7