Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My new D7000v2 keeps losing internet connection

faulkes
Tutor

My new D7000v2 keeps losing internet connection

Worked for a short while then lost internet connectivity and was requesting to re-enter wifi passwords when nothing was changed - then told wifi passord was wrong even though it was right. Have tried recycling power, factory resets and firmware upgrades but problem still persists - the cheap free routers handed out by your internet provider work better than this piece of not fit for purpose hardware  - major buyers remorse major disappointment!!!!!

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My new D7000v2 keeps losing internet connection

Hello faulkes 

Have you tried using a new password or telling your devices to forget the network?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
faulkes
Tutor

Too late I already swapped it out for a product that is actually fit for purpose and works consistently - that is a TP-Link model and so far all good so already out performed the NetGear. Shouldn't have to be changing passwords for no reason but as it happens I already tried both of those suggestions - your firmware has too many issues and the support is provided at a glacial pace!!

Message 3 of 7
HappyHappySad
Initiate

Same issue.  Bought the unit two days ago and internet keeps disconnecting.  Wifi okay but no connection to the Internet.  Reboot fixes as does my old router.

Running new firmware.  Is there a fix or should I go back for a refund?

Message 4 of 7
faulkes
Tutor

I solved my problem by unplugging the router and moving it back to its box and then taking it back to the shop and getting my money refunded and then replacing it with a fit for purpose TP-Link product (AC1900) instead that I plugged in and setup in 2 mins and that has worked ever since without a hiccup (plus its just a nicer looking unit - less lights and more refined). I have recommended to Netgear that they propose this as a standard solution for all other users that experience similar issues with this product as they have released something as a product that’s still barely an R&D prototype.

P.S. The TP-Link was cheaper and when I went back to shop they told me no problem to return as they are very often having to replace Netgear products that dont do the job!!!

Message 5 of 7

@HappyHappySad wrote:

Running new firmware.  Is there a fix or should I go back for a refund?

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

Message 6 of 7
HappyHappySad
Initiate

Yes - I did a reset to factory after the flash.

I still suffered intermittent loss of internet connection.  Not happy about paying a good sum of cash for a useless piece of kit.

Returned this evening.

Cannot see Netgear doing well with this kind of rubbish and no aftersales support.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7