Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: N600 Dual band WiFi router no longer producing wifi signal- should I replace?

Ryryflyguy
Aspirant

N600 Dual band WiFi router no longer producing wifi signal- should I replace?

Just yesterday router stopped producing WiFi signal. No amount of restarting fixes it. Was purchased in 2013- is it just time for a new model? Otherwise I’ve had no issues with it and wired connection works just fine.
Model: D3600|N600 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11n Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: N600 Dual band WiFi router no longer producing wifi signal- should I replace?

there's a wifi on/off button on the back. Did you try pushing that? kids/animals/moving stuff and buttons get pushed.....

Message 2 of 4
Ryryflyguy
Aspirant

Yup. That didn’t do it.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Some devices you have to hold for 2 seconds.

There's also the option of disabling "broadcast ssid" in the settings. check thatt as well.

Here's what else I'd try in this order if its not the 1st 2. :

1. Factory reset it and reinstall it. Push and hold reset while its powered on for 7-10 seconds (some take up to 30 seconds). the lights should change when held long enough. 

2. Reinstall the firmware. If the firmware was corrupt, a reset only removes settings. It doesn't reinstall the firmware. So try a manual firmware install to see if the firmware was corrupt.

3. Maybe your firmware has a bug. Try downgrading the firmware. 

Make sure to do any firmware changes over a hardwired connection (wifi doesn't work anyway) and then reset the device afterwards. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7