Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N750 Bricked

RoanNinja
Aspirant

N750 Bricked

I bought this router very long time ago and paid a lot of money I enjoyed it alot but now its bricked because die firmware did not update  properly. i feel that there has to be way to fix this I dont have money for a new one. Hopefully someone can shed some light othewize netgear wont see me again.

Thanks in advance.

Model: DGND4000|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 12
antinode
Guru

Re: N750 Bricked

> N750 Bricked

"N750" is a speed, not a model number.  Ever helpful, Netgear product
packaging emphasizes speeds like "Nxxx", but that's not the model
identifier.  Look at the product label.

> Model: DGND4000|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router

Is that accurate?

> [...] it[']s bricked [...]

As usual, an actual description of what it does (LED indicators, ...)
might be more helpful than your detailed analysis of its condition
("bricked").

There is a TFTP recovery scheme:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1533866#M87578

> [...] othewize netgear wont see me again.

I am only one among many who don't care.

> [...] I dont have money for a new one.

So, how disturbing would you expect that threat to be?

Message 2 of 12

@RoanNinja wrote:

....die firmware did not update  properly.

How do you know this?

Message 3 of 12
RoanNinja
Aspirant

If I try to edit settings they change back to normal again so I need way out I have tried all the methods but just seem to get it right so yeah thanks for help guys 😊
Message 4 of 12

That is not "bricked" as most people know it. A bricked router will not even let you into the management interface. It just sits there with a flashing power LED. That is the symptom you see if the firmware did not take.

What firmware version do you have on the device? A number is more useful than "the latest". It may not be the latest by the time people read this, and there can be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up in the browser interface.

Message 5 of 12
RoanNinja
Aspirant

V1.1.00.10 this is old one but i can not upload a new one because of i cant do anything when I log into the router so if there is another way of diong this please help I have tried many ways non succeeded !!
Message 6 of 12
80njc80
Apprentice

OK.  Without some actual details we can only offer you well wishes that may, or may not, be enough to fix you pressing issues.  Can you tell us what you modem IS capable of doing and what SPECIFICALLY is wrong when upgrading the firmaware i.e. led sequences, logs etc.

When you say "...i can't do anything" does this mean you are incapable of operating the interface or is the inferface unresposive altogether? Let's start there... 

Message 7 of 12

@RoanNinja wrote:
....i cant do anything when I log into the router ...

In addition to the other questions, and in the same "back to basics" move, how are you logging into the router? Browser? App? Wired? Wifi?

Then answer the questions from @80njc80 because they get to the heart of the matter.

Perhaps you could also tell us if you have factory reset the thing? I see no mention of this earlier in the conversation. You could also try the more severe reset:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

This will wipe out any settings that you have made, and will get you back to the default settings, but as you are in no position to make any changes you won't lose much.

There is a manual for the DGND4000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> DGND4000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

You never did answer the question about the LEDs and what they show.  Page 138 might help on that front.

Message 8 of 12
RoanNinja
Aspirant

I hope this helps so it allows me to log in and the internet and wifi works perfectly but if I try and edit settings like wifi name or try and do port forrwarding or anything as soon as I apply the settings it reverts back to the setting it was. It also dont allow me to update the firmware and if I reset the device i cant edit die wifi settings or nothing as explained above . So then I just reload my backed up file that I made about a month ago this is very frustrating because the router works but for some reason it blocks me that is why I said it is soft bricked .... hopefully this information helps im sorry that i dont give right information but hopefully this solves my issue . Thanks everyone's advice and patience.
Message 9 of 12

@RoanNinja wrote:
....that is why I said it is soft bricked ....

That is the first time you have used the term "soft bricked".

We still do not know if you have tried the reset described above.

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

Message 10 of 12
80njc80
Apprentice

OK. Try Michael’s suggestion first.

The method of the update might be an issue... You you have the update stored locally or requesting via download? Locally is preferred. You reload the backup??? Are you referring to a saved configuration file that is most probably problematic? What happens at the end of the update process? Does it even start?
Message 11 of 12

@80njc80 wrote:
Are you referring to a saved configuration file that is most probably problematic?

As an aside, when someone has problems after a firmware upgrade, it is not a good idea to restore a configuration backup after a reset. That can bring problems back from  the grave.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7