Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR - 5-Port 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Unmanaged Switch - White

PhillipStone00
Aspirant

NETGEAR - 5-Port 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Unmanaged Switch - White

On this type of router Netgear - 5-port 10/100/1000 mbps gigabit unmananged switch - white. What does it mean by unmanaged router? 

Thank's.

Model: AC1450|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

Message 2 of 8

All Replies

This might help:

How to choose between a managed, or unmanaged network switch | Windows Central

One of several Google hits.

Message 2 of 8
PhillipStone00
Aspirant

Okay, thanks for the information.

Model: D6100|AC1200 Wifi DSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 8
PhillipStone00
Aspirant

Okay thank's for the information I appreciate it. I have looked on Google but there are so many diffrent types of routers I just want to either go out and buy a good one and or to order one online. The one's I had seen on Google most of them are used routers which I wouldn't want to trust them becuase you really don't know what might be wrong with them? And also there not going to explain as to what's wrong them if its something major? Like on Ebay for instance I have seen routers for as little as $15.00. Which there not in the box and being used? 

Model: DG834NB|270 Mbps RangeMax Next ADSL Wireless Router Gateway
Message 4 of 8
antinode
Guru

> [...] there are so many diffrent types of routers [...]

Shop in the DPRK?

You mention network switches and routers.  Why are you buying
anything?  What, exactly, is the actual problem which you are trying to
solve?

Message 5 of 8
PhillipStone00
Aspirant

Okay, yes there are so many diffrent types of routers and modems. And you had mentioned DPRK? What is this? And last but not lease, as to why I'm looking to buy a new router is becuase the current router that I have only has the one port on it for the internet itself and I'm looking to buy a Netgear wireless router in order to replace the router that I have now? And also I would like to know if you would know as to which Wireless router that I can look at and or to buy it so that I can replace the router that I have now and it would have to work with my At&t internet carrier that I have now? 

Thanks, I have looked at several diffrent ones but most of them they look like maybe older routers that either have been used and or ones that have been discontinued? Such as on Ebay. The current router that I have now is a Wireless 2Wire 2701 HGV-B through At&t. Its the one that they had ordered for me on the day of the install. 

Message 6 of 8

There is an equally baffling conversation going on here:

Solved: Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000-100NAS Dual Band Wirel... - NETGEAR Communities

It seems that @PhillipStone00 has a problem trying to understand the difference between a modem/router and a router.

@PhillipStone00 wrote:

The current router that I have now is a Wireless 2Wire 2701 HGV-B through At&t. Its the one that they had ordered for me on the day of the install. 

Everything I can find out in Googleland says that this is a DSL Modem. It may not help that it is also called a "Gateway", a term that people use in different ways.

2wire gateway 2701hgv-b manual - Google Search

2Wire Gateway User Guide - SetupRouter https://setuprouter.com/router/2wire/2701hgv-w/manual-1317.pd...

It is hard to know what to say when someone asserts:

I'm not sure of what type of router it is that I currently have? But it is a DSL model and it is a router that much I do know. It's not a modem
Message 7 of 8
PhillipStone00
Aspirant

To who ever had posted that I don't seem to understand the differences between a modem/router which I do understand the differences between each one. I mean it's not exactly that I do not know the differences between the two. Because I do understand what each one is used for and the differences between them it's just all that I'm asking is which one would be the better modem/router to order online that does work with At&t carrier? Also it's not exactly rocket science to know the diffrences? I'm not a 5 year old kid lol.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7