Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK D7800 Connection Dropouts Firmware Issues

cr00k3dfr0gzz
Follower

NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK D7800 Connection Dropouts Firmware Issues

Have had ISP confirm it is not on their end and also recently upgraded wiring and phone ports throughout house ruling out a wiring issue on my end.

I have a nighthawk x4s D7800 V1.0.1.56

that for the last 12 months at least  randomly drops connection at least 3 times a day and sometimes upto double digits. Super frustrating for me then have several (gaming) kids whining about it too.it has continuously got worse as time goes by.

When it drops about 50% of the time it will drop out and wifi channels dissappear and wired connections will even report "no connections available" as if the thing doesnt exist which also prevents me being able to login to the modem itself and will require a reboot to "fix"

About 20% it will only kick SOME devices for upto 10-15mins then allow them to connect again

the rest of the time it will drop and say no internet access or no ethernet plugged in ect and then reconnect after 5-15 mins

Ive read on an old post that it is a bug with firmware V1.0.1.47 and rolling back to firmware V1.0.1.44 fixes it.

Im currently running firmware V1.0.1.56

Does anyone know any other fixes for this issue yet?

From memory I think it was firmware V1.0.1.44 where a backdoor bug was found resulting in major security flaws however, tbh i do not actually know if that issue has been fixed or not with the updated firmware either. but still not keen on rollback unless absolutley neccessary.

Always swore by Netgear until now and will be purchasing a new Modem/Router as soon as I am able but seriously considering ASUS next due to the dissapointment with this model especially.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Bloodysmack
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK D7800 Connection Dropouts Firmware Issues

I have the same issue. Netgear support have been useless, telling me to update firmware but it has not helped. Seriously considering returning this modem as it is faulty.
Message 2 of 5
fsheriffshah
Aspirant

Having the same issue.

TRY 1:

Reset router by using hard reset button on modem

Result: Issue exist, constant wifi drop out

TRY 2:

Updated router firmware to V1.0.1.56

TRY 3:

Changes 2.4Ghz channel to 01 mode up to 800mbps and 5ghz channel - 36 mode - 1733mbps

TRY 4:

Disabled 2.4ghz and enable only 5ghz

Next I am going to try changing 5Ghz channel to 40

@netgear @netgearsupports 

Wonder if we get any support from netgear

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 5
wingcancer
Aspirant

has it been fixed for you?
i have the same issue, net drops out and i cant use ethernet or wifi to acsess http://192.168.1.1/ login 
need to power cycle it 

Message 4 of 5

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7