Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIghthawk X4S regularly drops ADSL

PLASMAMAN
Tutor

NIghthawk X4S regularly drops ADSL

At a few seconds after midnight on 1st of every month my D7800 drops ADSL connection and requires a manual reboot. My ISP is BT Broadband Infinity.

This happens without fail each month, and has happened for as long as I have used this router (15 months).

Dropouts during the month do not occur.

Naturally BT deny that they reset my service every month, though I suspect this is the case.

Anyone else see this behaviour?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: NIghthawk X4S regularly drops ADSL

What modem are you using? (The dreaded Homehub makes life difficult because it won't work in bridge mode.) Any sign that it is this that drops the line?

Is the R7800 configured to use an "always on" internet connection?

There is a manual for the R7800 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

see page 27.

I ask because the thing should be able to reconnect automatically after a restart.

Do the router's logs show anything useful?

What firmware do you have on the R7800? The latest is 1.0.2.46. Just a few weeks old.

Message 2 of 4
PLASMAMAN
Tutor

The footer was a Netgear auto entry.

I have the D7800 Nighthawk X4S ADSL modem/router running v1.0.1.34

The service drop happens at a few seconds after midnight on the first day of every new month. This has happened like clockwork for the last 15 months.

I don't believe this is a router issue as I cannot see that there is any tool that allows a scheduled reboot to be set on the D7800.

I suspect it is a BT issue doing an automated server refresh on the first day of each month - they of course deny that this happens, and I can't see any general posts on Google that refer to such a thing.

Message 3 of 4

@PLASMAMAN wrote:

The footer was a Netgear auto entry.

Probably because you posted in the routers section rather than the DSL modem/routers section. Netgear likes to confuse us. (And I am easily confused.)

DSL Modems & Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Have you tried this issue on the BT user forum?

I have never seen this behaviour on my D6400 and BT infinity. But I would not put it past them.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7