Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION

Enelra
Aspirant

NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION

I just bought and set up a modem/router and installed the app. When I logged in, it said it needed to confirm my email. NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION WAS SENT TO ME! Still spinning waiting for me to confirm. How do you use an app if YOU don't have your equipment/programs working properly?!? Ive seen several comments on the same thing from years past and it STILL has not been resolved. And YES i added netgear.com to my safe sender list.

Message 1 of 11
antinode
Guru

> [...] How do you use an app if YOU don't have your equipment/programs
> working properly?!? [...]

I wouldn't try.  I'd use the web-browser interface of the
(unspecified) "a modem/router".  Simpler, less unreliable software, no
registration required.

Message 2 of 11
Enelra
Aspirant

@antinodewrote:

I wouldn't try.  I'd use the web-browser interface of the
(unspecified) "a modem/router".  Simpler, less unreliable software, no
registration required.

That's not the point. With the app you have remote access from anywhere. Without using the remote access part, you don't have to register, either.

Even when registering your product for warranty, they still don't send a confirmation email.

Message 3 of 11

@Enelra wrote:

I just bought and set up a modem/router and installed the app. When I logged in, it said it needed to confirm my email

Which app and what are you trying to do to get that message?

Netgear's Apps can be the desktop app for your operating system, or an app  for your mobile device.

If you are trying to set up remote access on a mobile device, then you need to do so on the modem/router before yolu start polaying around with the mobile app. You haven't told us what your modem/router is, so no one can tell you where to find the right manual.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

Then read the bit about remote access. If, that is, you are talking about that rather than something completely different, ij which case come back with better details of what you want to achieve.

Message 4 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@Enelrawrote:

I just bought and set up a modem/router and installed the app. 

Looks like you talk of the Netgear Genie App. 

@Enelra wrote:

When I logged in, it said it needed to confirm my email. NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION WAS SENT TO ME! Still spinning waiting for me to confirm.

Here on Android 8.1.0 (Pixel 2) and Netgear Genie v3.1.44, while attempting to register a new account, the spinner is there forever. In my understanding, the App has no access to the email account*, so you have to check the Email app inbox manually - in my test, the email came in perfect in time - and click the link supplied. 

* I'm aware some Apps request access to other App data, ie. Messages, so the Apps can read SMS configuration codes automatically, without manually passing. the UI design and behaviour is similar to Netger Genie. 

Long before I suspect a cloud system does fail to send out confirmation email messages I suspect some whatever cloud email providers might falsely capture these email and block as spam as it's sent from amazonses.com - however, Netgear does everything that an email provider is able to correctly identify these messages not being spam, the ubiquitous amazoneses keys and spf1 txt records are in place, and the Google Gmail and G Suite does it even mark important:

myNetgear Account Email Confirmation.jpg

Check your email Spam folder.

myNetgear Account Email Confirmation OK.PNG

Once the Email is verified, the App does continue, the new email is registered. 

Message 5 of 11
Enelra
Aspirant

Okay. You guys aren't understanding. The app, which I took off, and strong up a new account via desktop, does not send a confirmation email to my email address. Modem model is beside the point because the app automatically picked up my modem/router...
Message 6 of 11

@Enelra wrote:
Okay. You guys aren't understanding.

Quite possible. But maybe your descriptions don't help. For example, what the heck does this mean?

@Enelra wrote:
The app, which I took off, and strong up a new account via desktop, does not send a confirmation email to my email address.

Which app? Is it, as @schumaku, guesses, Netgear Genie App? (There are several of those, the desktop app for your operating system, an app for your mobile device.)

What does "took off" mean?

What does "strong up a new account via desktop" mean?

Then there is this bit:

... the app automatically picked up my modem/router...

Huh? Picked up as in detected or recognised? But tell us how you got there.

We don't know which app. We don't know which router.

You think these questions don't matter, but that is just your assumption. Some of us have used different routers and apps and we know that they aren't all the same.

Believe me, no one is trying to be difficult, just trying to understand what is going on.

We also use various apps and know they they do different things.

If you want help, tell us what is going on. No detail i too small. We can ignore the bits that don't matter. But we can't fill in the gaps that you have left.

Message 7 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@Enelrawrote:
Okay. You guys aren't understanding.

With a lot of guess work, we try hard.

@Enelra wrote:
The app, which I took off, and strong up a new account via desktop, does not send a confirmation email to my email address.

It's not the App that is sending an email. Much more, the App does communicate with the my.Netgear.com cloud infrastructure, hosted on Amazon SES. And this is from where the registration confirmation email is sent.

The point is that the probability that your email provider does falsely block, redirect to Spam, Junk, or otherwise classifies the message so it appears in a different folder of your email account is much much much more likely than that the email is not sent.

Have checked your email account Spam or Junk folder or other folders which can receive incoming messages?

Message 8 of 11
Enelra
Aspirant

Yes I have looked in my junk/spam folder. I requested an email confirmation several times, and even put their website in my safe senders lust. Still nothing. When I initially setup the account, I was on my desktop directly wired (ethernet) to my modem/router. When I tried to setup a new account, it says my email address already exists.
Message 9 of 11
Enelra
Aspirant

BTW... It's the Netgear Genie app which was recommended when I set up my modem/router.
Message 10 of 11

@Enelra wrote:
BTW... It's the Netgear Genie app which was recommended when I set up my modem/router.

Desktop Genie? Android Genie? iThing Genie?

No need to answer, I just wanted to point out that there is too much room for confusion with all these genies jumping out of the box.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7