Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Neat Gear D1500

masanich
Follower

Neat Gear D1500

Hello,

I have a NeatGear D1500 and I'm very disappointend about WiFi. I mean radio signal is not able to cross the corner of my house. It seems to be working only when PC is only a few meter far away from the router..... Very useful !!! Router is set to 100% power...I'm amateur radio so I know something about antennas and radio wave. I think something is not working as they (NeatGear) state router is for medium size house..

but it's not able to go out of the window....I made a collinear antenna and test it on my laptop receiving WiFi 6 Km far away but not mine....:(

Model: D1500|N300 WiFi DSL Modem Router-Essential Edition
Message 1 of 2

Re: Neat Gear D1500

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Any other sources of wifi nearby that might interfere with the D1500?

Have you tried different channels?

Remember, 2.4 GHz has a longer range than 5 GHz.

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

DSL Modems & Routers

There is support for this device at the end of this link:

>>>D500 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7