Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help setting up internet on DM200 modem

kevhu
Aspirant

Need help setting up internet on DM200 modem

I'm having trouble setting up Sonic Fusion single line internet on my new DM200 modem. The DSL line is being detected, but I cannot connect to the internet. I have been told by Sonic customer service that I need a VDSL2 modem that supports PTM and that's exactly what the DM200 is. Anyone here using this same modem on Sonic? Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need help setting up internet on DM200 modem

Your message is devoid of any useful information that people can use to diagnose what might be going on. For example, do you have the username and password for your service? Have you filled in that bit of the setup screen?

Have you set the Transfer Mode to PTM?

Are you using this modem alongside any other equipment, such as a router?

The manuals and stuff are here:

DM200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Your message is devoid of any useful information that people can use to diagnose what might be going on. For example, do you have the username and password for your service? Have you filled in that bit of the setup screen?

Have you set the Transfer Mode to PTM?

Are you using this modem alongside any other equipment, such as a router?

The manuals and stuff are here:

DM200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 3
kevhu
Aspirant

Sorry I didn't provide enough information in my original post. Yes, I did put it in PTM mode. When I was setting is up, it was directly connected to my computer.

Funny thing is, it actually works fine now. I didn't change any settings at all. It just suddenly decided to connect to the internet. After that, I was also able to connect it to a router. It was strange, but I'll take it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7