Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear 300 unable to upload video on youtube

cpighin
Aspirant

Netgear 300 unable to upload video on youtube

Yesterday I was not able to upload a video on youtube.

Despite the router seemed to work fine, it happened that uploading (first on Google Drive, then Yotube) seemed to start properly, then the speed slowed down, and finally after a few minutes no progress was recorded.
So I tried several times to turn off the router and to restart it, with the result that the process took place with the same steps: fast start, slow down, stop!

What do you recommend?

Message 1 of 5
cpighin
Aspirant

Re: Netgear 300 unable to upload video on youtube

I tried another modem/router and it worked fine, so I guess it is an issue of my Netgear 300!

Claudio 🙂

Message 2 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @cpighin,

Welcome to the community!

What's the exact model number and version of your NETGEAR device?

What's the current firmware version installed on your device?

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed. After installing the latest firmware, reset the router by pushing the reset hole at the back of the unit with a paperclip for 10 seconds.

To upgrade the firmware, see this link.

Once done, reconfigure the router as if it's brand new out of the box.

Message 3 of 5
cpighin
Aspirant

Hi HelainM,

the Product Model is DGN2200v4 (I couldn't write it into the above field because is not listed).

Since now my family is usung the alternative router and I'm not at home, I can not specify the software version, but I think is the 4th as reported in the label (I would like to attach an image but I have not found a way to do it).

As regards the modalities to solve the problem, I can do someting when I will be at home. In general I do not like the proposed solution because I am convinced that the problem is caused by some configuration parameter that would be enough to correct. I say this because, if I remember correctly, in the past I have successfully uploaded another video with Netgear 300.

Claudio 🙂

Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

How about you adjust the MTU?

You may follow the steps from this link on how to configure MTU.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7