Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear 62 router keeps dropping out . . .

PetesPonies
Aspirant

Netgear 62 router keeps dropping out . . .

My wifi router drops out almost every night. It may stay out 10-15 minutes. Turning it off and on doesn't seem to effect it, still 10-15 minutes. My internet is strong. If I bypass the router while it's out, and hook up straight tomy computer  it's online.

Model: D6200v2|AC1200 WiFi DSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 10

Re: Netgear 62 router keeps dropping out . . .

wrote:

My wifi router drops out almost every night.

What happens? Wifi drops? Hard wired won't work?

What do the lights on the thing look like?

Which firmware version do you have in your D6200v2.

Apologies for piling on the questions.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
    Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
    Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Message 2 of 10
PetesPonies
Aspirant

I said in my initial question, the internet is there when I bypass the router. I have a hardwired computer along with other wifi devices. When the router drops out, the hardwired compuetr also looses the internet. Nothing is working through the router. Not sure how to explain the lights . .the tp light of the lower section turns more of a clear color. Its still on, but not amber. I have no idea of firmware or what you are asking. All I know of as a model is it says NETGEAR62 on the label.

Message 3 of 10

I have no idea of firmware or what you are asking. All I know of as a model is it says NETGEAR62 on the label.

NETGEAR62 is not a router model number.

The firmware is the "engine" that controls the device. It sits in the memory. From time to time Netgear puts out new firmware that tries to fix problems.

There have been recent wifi issues that you can fix by applying new firmware. To guide you on that we need to know just what this device is.

The footer in the "footer" in your message says D6200v2. That is a combined modem/router. Is that what you have? If so, this bit does not make sense.

"If I bypass the router while it's out, and hook up straight tomy computer  it's online."

Not sure how to explain the lights . .the tp light of the lower section turns more of a clear color.

What is the TP light? Again, if we know the model number, someone may be able to guide you. Look for something like this on the hardware:

model number

Message 4 of 10
PetesPonies
Aspirant

TP is top, not a great typist. I attached a pic of the router info.

Message 5 of 10
antinode
Guru

> [...] I attached a pic of the router info.

The model number is "WNDR3400v3".  (Great label design, eh?)  Visit
http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look for
Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Near by, under Downloads,
you should see the current firmware.

Message 6 of 10

There is a manual and firmware for the WNDR3400v3 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> WNDR3400v3 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

The Release Notes for the current firmnware suggest that the latest update was last month:

WNDR3400v3 Firmware Version 1.0.1.18 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

That also explains how to put it on to your device.

Message 7 of 10
PetesPonies
Aspirant

I certainly appreciate this. I tried logging into router and could not. How can I get in?

Message 8 of 10
PetesPonies
Aspirant

I got in. I uploaded the firnware. We'll see if it helps. Thanks

Message 9 of 10

Well done. It isn't always that easy. Some people have problems getting into their routers to make these changes.

If it still causes problems, then there is one more trick you could try which is to "factory reset" the device and reconfigure it from scratch.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7