Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear 7550 DSL modem drops WiFi

Chief92
Aspirant

Netgear 7550 DSL modem drops WiFi

I have this modem with an account from Frontier.  It was working fine for over a year.  Several weeks ago, for no apparent reason, it would drop WiFi. My Ipad and Nook and Iphone would not get a signal.  I contacted Frontier support  and they updated the firmware on the modem and reset the channel.  WiFi worked for a couple hours and then dropped.  Support sent me a new modem, same model.  lnstalled fine and WiFi worked for a day and then dropped again.  I have rebotted the modem and it works for awhile but then drops again.  If I go into the modem settings and change the channel, WiFi will work for awhile but then drops again. Support has been no help.  The WiFi light is always on and green, as is the internet light.  The hard wired devices connect to the internet just fine and the internet does not drop off when the WiFi does.   I put app "WiFi Hotspot" on my Ipad, and when the WiFi is working, I get good, strong signal throughout my house. When the signal drops, I can stand in the same room as the router and get no reading on the app. I am tired of having to reset this all the time. Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear 7550 DSL modem drops WiFi

Hello Chief92

Frontier provides all the support for that modem but maybe you might want to try and revert the firmware back to a older version or do a factory reset and redo the wireless settings.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Chief92
Aspirant

Re: Netgear 7550 DSL modem drops WiFi

Thanks for you reply Darren. I don't think reverting back to older firmware would work because the problem first started with the older firmware on the modem. It was updated and still had problem. Did do a factory reboot/reset. No help. Then got another new modem (same model) and it was no better. I have contacted support 6 times and one time they said a tech was going to come it. Tech never showed or called.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7