Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D6220 won't detect Internet

Marco92
Aspirant

Netgear D6220 won't detect Internet

I bought a Netgear AC1200 mod. 6220 and I am a Deutsche Telekom customer here in Germany. The modem I am given by my ISP works just fine but my Netgear product does not detect any Internet connection. When I try the automatic setup the Genie app says no DSL cable is plugged in the Internet or Ethernet port, but everything is connected as normal. I have tried with several cables and the Netgear does not work whereas the one given by DT works fine.

I have also tried a manual setup using the ISP configuration parameters on Netgear support site but still no Internet connection is being detected.

I am totally confused and I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 6

Re: Netgear D6220 won't detect Internet

I assume that you have disconnected the ISP's modem and used the D6220 instead.

Can you get into the D6220's user interface with your browser?

Message 2 of 6
Marco92
Aspirant

Yes, I did. I am able to enter the Genie setup page. If I try to set it up automatically it says no DSL is plugged into the modem and if I try the manual setup no connection is being established. I tried several cables but the DSL and Internet LEDs don't lit up, no colours at all.

And I am sure the login, VCI and VPI parameters inserted are corrected, I also called my ISP to have a confirmation.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Marco92

Does your ISP allow customer owned modems? Also is this a Bonded DSL connection if so Netgear modems do not support this.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Marco92
Aspirant

Yes, Deutsche Telekom should allow private modems to be used. In the Genie App they are in the list and I borrowed a FritzBox which also worked fine immediately. 

I received a replacement from NETGEAR and I still have the same issue.

Message 5 of 6
sarczoid
Aspirant

This may or may not help, but i was just wondering....

If you go to:  Router Admin\Advanced\Setup\Wan Setup\   Check the wan preference and change it from Auto to "must use DSL Wan"....

Also check in:  Router Admin\Advanced\Setup\Internet Setup\    that transfer mode is ATM for ADSL or PTM for VDSL......

other than that, check your cables, you might have a slight issue with your phone cable....

thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7