Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear D6400 Line Restarts Constantly

BrendanG
Aspirant

Netgear D6400 Line Restarts Constantly

Hi All

I have had ongoing issues with my line restarting constantly. It starts off fine and then progressively worse. I am in South Africa and our line provider is Telkom. I am on VDSL 40 Mbit. We have checked absolutely everything over the last two months and the issue is as follows for anyone who Googles this:

- Telkom ( and from Googling, TalkTalk etc) use dynamic speed software called TruSpeed made by a company called Assia. 

- The software has many different speed profile that are set by your provider. 

- The software dynamically speeds up your line when it can.

- In the case of my line, it gets pushed past 40mbit and the D6400 can't handle it and the line goes out of sync and reconnects.

So that is what is happening, but it doesn't solve the issue. They can try different profiles on the provider side until the connection becomes stable.

My question is this. Is there anything on the D6400 software that can be set to handle these variable speed profiles?

Thanks

Brendan

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3
BrendanG
Aspirant

Nope not yet, let’s see if Netgear has a solve. Otherwise the network provider will have to test different profiles over the course of a few months to rectify.
Message 2 of 3
BrendanG
Aspirant

Okay so the consensus is to either drop down to a slower line speed or ask your provider to put you on the Assia exclusion list. In my case it is Telkom in South Africa. The other option is to get another router that can handle dynamic line syncing. @netgear is there any setting that will help on the D6400 before I go out and buy another router? 

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7