Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rif.: Netgear D6400

Re: Netgear D6400

Sadly, several flashes and factory resets did not remove the problem here.

Maybe I should move to Plusnet. TalkTalk is ditching its ADSL customers. A powerful cue to abandon that shower.

Message 26 of 36

Several days on from restoring the old firmware and not a single lost connection.

I have been through the installation process of the new firmware in several ways, from a file, from the website. The outcome is always the same. The D6400 becomes flaky. Got back to the original, and it is stable.

Message 27 of 36
mcquaim
Aspirant

Hi there,

I have tried your guide above exactly but I cannot get DSL Stats to connect to my Netgear D6400.

I have the correct exe for telnetable so I'm not sure what is going wrong.

Does this still work on the latest firmware (V1.0.0.39_1.0.39)?

Thanks,

Mac

Message 28 of 36
mcquaim
Aspirant

Hi there,

I figured it out.

I had to change my admin password to "password" for the connection to be allowed.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks,

mcquaim

Message 29 of 36

@mcquaim wrote:
I had to change my admin password to "password" for the connection to be allowed.

That is the default password. It will revert to that after a "factory reset".

It is usually recommended that you change it to something unique after you have set up the thing.

Message 30 of 36
mcquaim
Aspirant

Hi Michael,

Yes, I know that and I had it changed to something else but this was the issue preventing DSLstats from connecting to my router!

When I set the system password back to password temporarily DSLstats was then able to connect to the router!

Obviously you should change the password back to something more secure afterwards!!

Cheers,
mcquaim
Message 31 of 36

I can access those stats using my own password.

Message 32 of 36
albgen
Aspirant

Hello!

Is it possible to increase the wireless range using the telnet? Did somebody tried succesfully?

I have already enabled the telnet.

thanks

Message 33 of 36

You have joined in on the end of a long, year old conversation about various D6400 things. Sadly, using Telnet to stretch wifi isn't one of them.

You might do better to start a new topic with a clearer subject. Then maybe someone can step in with comments.

Me, I have no idea how you expect Telnet to increase your wifi range. I always thought that this was down to radio waves and how they travel rather than a communications protocol. I am probably wrong but you may need to explain what you have in mind when you start that new discussion.

Message 34 of 36
albgen
Aspirant

There are commands to send through telnet to the router. This was working with other netgear routers

Anyway thanks

Message 35 of 36

Did you think about starting a new discussion?

Message 36 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7