Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear D7000 V1 set in AP mode, how to turn off WPS

Netgear D7000 V1 set in AP mode, how to turn off WPS

Hi, as title says I have a D7000 V1 setup as AP, works fine but I cannot see if there is a way to turn off WPS as the option is un high lighted in AP mode, is there another way to turn if off?

Also is there anyway to turn off main wifi in AP mode & just use guest wifi so i can isolate wifi from my home network with just internet access as i can not see any setting to do this?

thanks in advance

Gary

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
tominwi
Luminary

Just guessing Gary, but you might try first reverting the unit to normal router mode, then setting the options the way you want, and then switching to AP mode again.

Message 2 of 6

I did try that originally, but soon as you set to AP mode from normal mode with it ticked to disable the tick box becomes unhighlighted and tick disappears from box.

Just feels to loose with wps on, may have to look at alternative device which does not do this in access mode.

cheers

Message 3 of 6
antinode
Guru

> [...] I have a D7000 V1 [...]

Firmware version?

> [...] soon as you set to AP mode from normal mode with it ticked to
> disable the tick box becomes unhighlighted and tick disappears from box.

Have you verified that the D7000[v1]-as-WAP actually does WPS, or are
you trusting the indication from the firmware?

Message 4 of 6

I'm running latest ver .78 & no I haven't tested it if its on or not just trusting the firmware as since we are in lockdown the AP is not actually at my place, i have a bridge running to my sons house & thats where the AP is for his internet access from me. maybe will have to wait to actually test it once lockdown is relaxed.

Message 5 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

From your description of the WPS being "greyed out", that typically indicates that the function is disabled and not available. As Antinode suggests, you should try it to very that it is disabled as I suspect the item being greyed out would indicate.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7