Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear D7000 V1 wireless router 5Gh ac disconnects

williamyzfr1
Guide

Netgear D7000 V1 wireless router 5Gh ac disconnects

Since the last firware update (V1.0.1.50) I have been plagued with random wireless 5Gh disconnects requiring me to disconnect and reconnect (Windows 10) on my computer. My son also complains about his Ipad disconnecting too.

I tried turning OFF beamforming and choosing different static channels.

I then tried resetting the Router after upgrading and also downgraded to the previous firmware and reset the Router.

Neither of which helped at all.

In desperation before replacing my two year old router I downgraded all the way to V1.0.1.44 without a reset and the problem has gone.

Any suggestions as to why this has helped?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
tominwi
Luminary

Re: Netgear D7000 V1 wireless router 5Gh ac disconnects

@williamyzfr1 wrote:

Since the last firware update (V1.0.1.50) I have been plagued... I downgraded all the way to V1.0.1.44 without a reset and the problem has gone.

Any suggestions as to why this has helped?

The latest fw for the D7000v1 is 1.0.1.66 so the versions you have used are very old indeed.

You will find if you read Release Notes that by sticking with .44 you are missing fixes for supposed security vulnerabilities, but for sure I believe that Netgear support would say to you "if that shoe (v.44) fits then wear it" i.e. leave well enough alone.

There is no way to know or for anyone else even to speculate why .44 works for you when no other version has.

I too am two versions older than "current" because I found my setup to be stable ONLY with this release, and then with Beamforming turned Off.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7