Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D7000 can't connect to Router Interface

Daervon
Aspirant

Netgear D7000 can't connect to Router Interface

A couple of weeks ago I tried going into my modem's interface page (192.168.0.1) through Chrome and I kept getting an error page. After some searching I found some article saying that it was due to the latest firmware not being properly read by Chrome's newest update and that I should try a different browser.

I tried using Edge, and it worked.

Today, however, that has stopped working too.

I tried using the Genie app, but it says that it can't find my device, or my device is not supported.

So... what other options do I have to enter my modem's interface? Is a new firmware going to be released that fixes this issue?

Cheers.

D.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear D7000 can't connect to Router Interface

What have you tried to do to fix the issue?

1. have you tried rebooting the D7000?

2. Have you tried factory resetting the device?

3. Have you tried to rollback to an earlier firmware to see if that'll fix the issue?

4. Have you tried clearing internet cookies, cache, etc?

I know the R7000 has been having issues with the newest firmware and the D7000 is basically an R7000 with dsl capabilities. It's probably a good idea to roll back firmware until you have a stable version and wait for any new updates to give it a shot. Not sure when Netgear plans on releasing those. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear D7000 can't connect to Router Interface

Please post here for your model modem:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Thank you. 

@Daervon wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I tried going into my modem's interface page (192.168.0.1) through Chrome and I kept getting an error page. After some searching I found some article saying that it was due to the latest firmware not being properly read by Chrome's newest update and that I should try a different browser.

I tried using Edge, and it worked.

Today, however, that has stopped working too.

I tried using the Genie app, but it says that it can't find my device, or my device is not supported.

So... what other options do I have to enter my modem's interface? Is a new firmware going to be released that fixes this issue?

Cheers.

D.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7