Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D7000 question

HPigula
Aspirant

Netgear D7000 question

Hello I'm just prepairing to buy NightHawk D7000 modem/router but am not sure if I should buy it cause my carrier of VDSL which is Orange Poland says on their pages I shoud set VCI/VPI values but in instruction book it says it's not possible to do that and use PPPoA for VDSL but Orange says I should set those values excep it can be used with PPPoE, So only thos 2 things are left and don't know if it is possible to do that or is it set auto to some valuess??

Regards, Horacy.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: Netgear D7000 question

I'd guess you could manually go in and do an ADSL manual setup and set the VPI/VCI values. Then go back and do the VDSL setup. The bad news is you'll have to buy the D7000 to test and see if this is correct. This is just speculation that this would be used in the event of ADSL fallback. I doubt Netgear will be able to give you any help on this.

Message 2 of 6
HPigula
Aspirant

So as far as i understand:

First go set some values for ADSL and then switch to VDSL and do normal setup yes?

Message 3 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

yes, I believe that going to ADSL setup first to set VCI/VPI is the only way that you can specify these values. Then you would do the normal VDSL setup and "hope" that if your ISP really needs the VPI/VCI settings for some reason it will see that you've set them. I believe that normally VPI/VCI settings are grayed out in VDSL mode. Usually VDSL will use a VLANID setting.

Message 4 of 6
HPigula
Aspirant

Well I just ordered it form Amazon.co.uk for 133GBP inc. postage and it will most probably come at Mon. 31 July so I will test it together with my Super Hub 3 from VirginMedia here in ireland according to page 31 of instructions manual with RJ45 cable from SH3 to red connector on back of D7000-100uks. When I come back to Poland I will test it with my Orange to see if it works 🙂 btw what if I disconnect it from power?Will it lose all settings or not?? If yes I will just tune it for my Orange here and then just save it to file and load when back to Poland.

Regards, Horacy 🙂

Message 5 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

It "should" retain the settings when unplugged.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7