Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear D7000

ABWG
Aspirant

Netgear D7000

Anybody know if the D7000 is compatible with BT Superfast Fibre?
Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

check with the ISP and see if they have a supported list of modems.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Some additional info to what Darren says... Just because an ISP may not list a given modem/Router as being compatible doesn't necessisarily mean that the device isn't compatible. It may just mean that the modem/router vendor has not gone to the effort to have the ISP certify the device on their network. As an example, my ISP does not list any Netgear devices as being compatible yet my Netgear DGND3700v1 modem/router works flawlessly on my ISP's network running non-Netgear firmware that supports my ISP's VDSL (of course Netgear does NOT support VDSL on this device even though Netgear initially advertised this device as being VDSL capable). You can always buy it and try it. If it doesn't work, take it back and get another device. If the device somewhat works, but you find you need to do stuff like reboot to get your connection back or get back your local wifi, return the device. A modem/router should almost never need to be booted. About the only time my modem/router is booted is when there's a power failure and the device boots itself when the power comes back on.

Message 3 of 5

@ABWG wrote:
Anybody know if the D7000 is compatible with BT Superfast Fibre?

Sadly, BT's ever changing description of its Internet service means that I have no idea what it means by Superfast Fibre.

I do have BT broadband, what was once known as Infinity. That is a DSL service. Most Netgear DSL modems and modem/routers support it.

You could also ask on the BT forum to see if anyone has got the D7000 to work.

One thing to look out for, if you are one of those people who insists on using IPv6,  Netgear does not seem to support BT's implementation of IPv6.

Are you looking for something to buy, or do you have existing stuff you want to use?

If the former, you might like to look into standalone modems and routers. In that way you could get a better router. Combined modem/routers seem to be slower to get the updates for features and security that come with standalone routers. They are also less versatile and don't support all features.

Netgear's DM200 is a basic modem that works fine on BT. The choice of routers is bewildering. Just look for something that fills your needs, and budget.

Message 4 of 5

@DarrenM wrote:

check with the ISP and see if they have a supported list of modems.

DarrenM

BT hates third party modems. It prefers to foist its own brand HomeHub on customers. And a hopeless piece of rubbish that is.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7