Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D7000v2 - worst router ever inside a network

riccaloro
Aspirant

Netgear D7000v2 - worst router ever inside a network

I installed the router inside a LAN with another router and soon it started to stop working. There are problems with IP assignment, I found out by doing some experiments! Customer support was not able to solve my problem in 6 months! Now I was forced to buy a cheaper router and put the netgear in a closet! The worst expense ever and my netgear estimate is really low! DON'T BUY IT!

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear D7000v2 - worst router ever inside a network

So you were running a router within a router environment and had a bad experience? If you only ran the netgear did it function properly? 

Are you coming on here to complain or to try to get help to get it functioning properly? If its to get it functioning properly, let us know and we'll be happy to help out the best we can. 

Message 2 of 7
riccaloro
Aspirant

If you only ran the netgear did it function properly? 

I NEED IT INSIDE A NETWORK...

Are you coming on here to complain or to try to get help to get it functioning properly?

I JUST WANT TO INFORM THAT IN 6 MONTHS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS NOT ABLE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND ALERT PEOPLE TO NOT BUY IT IF THEY NEED AN ADDITIONAL ROUTER INSIDE AN EXISTING NETWORK!

BAD PRODUCT AND REALLY BAD CUSTOMER CARE.

By the way, if you are able to help me I really appreciate it, you can find all details in my support request number 40942713

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@riccaloro wrote:

If you only ran the netgear did it function properly? 

I NEED IT INSIDE A NETWORK...

Are you coming on here to complain or to try to get help to get it functioning properly?

I JUST WANT TO INFORM THAT IN 6 MONTHS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS NOT ABLE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND ALERT PEOPLE TO NOT BUY IT IF THEY NEED AN ADDITIONAL ROUTER INSIDE AN EXISTING NETWORK!

BAD PRODUCT AND REALLY BAD CUSTOMER CARE.

By the way, if you are able to help me I really appreciate it, you can find all details in my support request number 40942713

this is the community forum. Its people who use netgear, trying to help out others who use netgear. We don't have access to your support cases, details of support tickets, etc. 

If you were having issues with ip address issues and you were using a router within a router setup, you were problably in a double nat situation.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Did you check into this? 

Message 4 of 7
riccaloro
Aspirant

Yes I did.

Connetion with LAN is ok, the problem is WIFI because if I try to connect to the main router wifi, and than on the netgear one,  during the second connection the netgear router stops dhcp packages because see the device connected to the main router and did not respond with an ip. 

For this reason the device is not able to connect.

I tried this behaviour with lots of other brand devices and no one have this kind of problem.

I wrote to customer care and after 2 moths they told me "ok, we understand the problem" and than they disappear... 

Is quite a **bleep** for a device that costs 150 euro!

Message 5 of 7

@riccaloro wrote:

Is quite a **bleep** for a device that costs 150 euro!

But you have to set it up and use it properly. Your messages suggest that this is not the case at your end.

You cannot blame Netgear when customers set out to break the rules and deliberately set out to mis-configure the hardware.

So far I see no sign of what is on your network. If you want help to get your modem/router to work, give people this information and explain what you are trying to achieve.

If you don't want help, and just want to moan, I suggest that you get rid of this thing and buy something else, preferably from a different brand. It probably won't fix your problem but it might reduce the number of daft messages we see here.

Message 6 of 7
riccaloro
Aspirant

I set up the network as they suggest me... for 2 or 3 times... That actually is the NORMAL configuration of a router.

If you work for them, just tell it to everyone. For sure I will buy another device of a different brand, but I want people to know how they work!

Thanks for your time!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7