Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D7800 Router intermittent Wi-Fi issues with Apple iPhone XSMax

andrewmillner
Aspirant

Netgear D7800 Router intermittent Wi-Fi issues with Apple iPhone XSMax

D7800 Router firmware  V1.0.1.56 

Recently my Apple iPhone  XSMax has been experiencing issues streaming music  on  the Qobuz  and Tidal platforms to my smart speakers and  other streaming devices., typically using Apple Airplay.  The problem is that using this method, the app either fails to connect , or times out connecting or plays one track and then stops.

I'm able to use  ROON on my iPhone  and it connects fine to the streaming players without issue. I can also stream on Apple AirPlay from the iphone iTunes music which I have stored on my iPhone with no issue. So I don't think  it is Airplay that is the problem.

Thinking my iPhone is faulty rather than the  Apps, as  I was also having problems with the RING doorbell app,  I contacted Apple for support and restored my iPhone to factory settings. Before they did this, they ran a remote diagnostic and the phone was functioning as expected.

Since  I've restored my iPhone I am still finding the same problem on  Qobuz and Tidal. I'm experiencing the same problem  using either 2.4g or 5g Wi-Fi, principally with Apple Airplay. As I understand it, Airplay uses Wi-Fi to connect. I resolve the problem by switching my iPhone off and back on and then it works for a short time before stopping again.

So what's this got to do with the Router ? I'm sure you're asking?

My D7800 Router suffered a power failure roughly about this time. When I powered it back up I found it had lost its configuration.

I'm wondering if there may be an intermittent problem, possibly an authentication issue with my Router Wi-Fi.

I  wonder if there are any tools available, for example an app, that might be able to allow me to troubleshoot my Wi-FI on my router to allow me to make some progress in finding the cause..

I have numerous other devices connecting to my router via ethernet and Wi-FI without problem, so I'm probably clutching at straws, but I'm just trying to narrow down the likely culprit.

Thank you in anticipatation.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7