Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D7800 / Zmodo 1080p Outdoor Wireless HD Camera - Drop out

Lazza040
Apprentice

Netgear D7800 / Zmodo 1080p Outdoor Wireless HD Camera - Drop out

Hi all , hoping someone may have had the same issue & found a resolution?

I have a Netgear D7800 modem ( firmware V1.0.1.56 ) with x 6 Zmodo Wifi cameras running off it via 2.4hz wireless network. The Zmodo HD x 4 cameras run fine 24 / 7 no dropouts I can see.

But my Zmodo 1080p Outdoor Wireless HD ( ZP - IBH21 - W / SKU: SD-H2925-W) which I have 2 of , every 36 to 48 hours drop off my wireless network , with me having to basically reboot the cameras to get them back on the wireless network. If I power cycle the modem they still will not connect , only power cycling the x 2 cameras get them recording again on the network.

I have been in touch with Zmodo support who suggest it is a Netgear issue ( they have swapped the cameras over for new ones , so pretty sure not them at fault ) D7800 has been factory reset back to new , and then configured twice now, with also a new firmware update having no change either.

Been an issue for months , finally at the point where do I try another brand / model or maybe someone has resolved the same problem?

Thanks David

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7

Re: Netgear D7800 / Zmodo 1080p Outdoor Wireless HD Camera - Drop out

@Lazza040 wrote:

But my Zmodo 1080p Outdoor Wireless HD ( ZP - IBH21 - W / SKU: SD-H2925-W) which I have 2 of , every 36 to 48 hours drop off my wireless network , with me having to basically reboot the cameras to get them back on the wireless network. If I power cycle the modem they still will not connect , only power cycling the x 2 cameras get them recording again on the network.

To me this suggests that the cameras are losing the connection.

Do they all die? Or is it just some of them? That might suggest a distance issue.

Have you tried changing the wifi channel that the modem/router uses?

Is there any local wifi that might be interfering?

@Lazza040 wrote:

I have been in touch with Zmodo support who suggest it is a Netgear issue

Why does that not surprise me?

Without some detail, it is difficult to guess what might be happening. I doubt if there are many people here with experience of those cameras.

Did you try this?

Search results – Zmodo

Message 2 of 7
Lazza040
Apprentice

Hi Michael , thanks for the reply.  Thought I was pretty IT savvy but cant work these ones out.

1) Agree cameras ( the two 1080P ) are dropping the connection ( but the HD x 4 are not. ) Both on 2.4ghz network.

2) Both 1080P cameras within 4M of router ( One 1080p at front door , router in office - middle of house , other 1080p at back door ) the HD are working at 6m , 8m & 10m from router they are brilliant. Tried different locations of cameras , and still have issue with 1080P wherever they are sited.

3)  Tried different channels and found 4 is the best for less frequent dropouts. Was on Auto and someone mentioned with another brand to pick one channel.

4) Noticed other Netgear routers close by hence my selection of channel 4 , but the signal strength is weak from them as I gather a stock standard supplied by ISP in our area. 

5) Reckon I will win Lotto before Zmodo contact me , have dealt with them before and seem a basic service they provide , so cross my fingers.

6) Hoping another Netgear user may have the same issue , if not will keep trying to troubleshoot.

7) This house Im in, nearly 15 other wireless devices working perfectly everyday , all day so leaning towards a Zmodo / Netgear incompatible firmware issue. 

Message 3 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Lazza040, you can maybe try address reservation for the attached devices and see if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 4 of 7
Lazza040
Apprentice

Hi Dexter , thankyou for your reply. Yep that was one of the 1st things I did , setup each camera with a fixed IP address. 

I have from 192.168.1.2 - 20 wireless products like tablets etc. Cameras allocated .21 to .29.Then from 192.168.1.30 all my wired products with set IP addresses..

Message 5 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Lazza040, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 6 of 7
Lazza040
Apprentice

Thankyou , work is flat out this week , will get back to you over the weekend , really appreciate the help!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7