Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DGN 2200 V4 Router Kaput?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear DGN 2200 V4 Router Kaput?

Last week my Netgear DGN 2200 V4 connection to my ISP Plus Net kept dropping out. It got to the point where it would not connect at all and I got a steady red light. I reset the Router and went into the its Web Page setup. I reset It from there to its factory defaults.

When I tried to run the Setup Wizard however, It said it could not recognise the default Password and User Name. Plus Net said they did not think it was the Router but sent me out one of there own branded ones to try. The connection is better but its still dropping out sometimes when I try and load Web Pages.

The Phone line is connected by a cable into the Master Socket and from there by a cable upstairs to my PC.

I am running Windows Ten pro 64.

I would like any thoughts on If my Netgear Router is kaput as its better than the Plusnet one. I only got the Plus Net today. I will see hoe the connection goes for a few days.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear DGN 2200 V4 Router Kaput?

Hello sm075202

You can do 2 things you could another combo unit or you could check if you can make the telnet modem set to modem only and pick up a normal router I would suggest any of the nighthawk series.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7