Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DGN2200v3 Decided overnight to restrict all traffic from PSN

Eastpat
Follower

Netgear DGN2200v3 Decided overnight to restrict all traffic from PSN

Hello. My I hate technology!

I have been been using netgear router with 100% success with my PS4 in DMZ for the past.. Well, since the PS4 came out. Randomly, yesterday, somewhere, something changed. Now my router is blocking any talk with PSN servers. I can log in, I get 100% pass rate on a test on the console within seconds, yet it blocks me from accessing select online features, giving me errors for my internet connection or contacting PSN servers.

This is is a very frustrating issue. I rang Sony support who supplied me with lots of ports I should open, which I have tried to both my DMZ IP and to a Static IP. I've tried connecting various ways but still no success. I cannot see any reason why either my firewall or something else has started blocking their servers. It is the only place I am having issue.

I am currently awaiting a callback from my ISP but to be fair, I cannot see them resolving my issue (mainly due to the fact of other people I know having such poor communication with them, or the fact they were hacked terribly by a 15yo and have closed down all access to any customers accounts...). I'm thinking the issue is much more local. I've scoured around for anyone else dealing with recent issues as this arising, to no success. What has happened? What can I do to solve this very random and specific issue I am having? If I didn't have one other long standing complicated connection (with a server based CCTV system which, again, has been set up and running fine for past 2+ years and was a nightmare to setup) I would just do a factory reset of my router and try starting over. But I don't want to get that drastic just yet.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear DGN2200v3 Decided overnight to restrict all traffic from PSN

Hello Eastpat

That is really strange that the forwarding just stopped working have you tried changing the Ip address on the PS4 and putting the new one into the DMZ?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7