Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DGND 3700V2 used to connect to internet but now does not

alanb2
Follower

Netgear DGND 3700V2 used to connect to internet but now does not

I have used this modem router without any problems for over 18 months, and then FTTC became available so upgraded my service but used the Brightbox2 that I was sent for the first few months.  All was fine, but I wanted to go back to using my Netgear DGND 3700V2 as apart from not having 802.11ac it had better features.  Have been trying to set it up for a few days without any joy, even spent an hour on the phone with tech support of my service provider but still cannot get to work.

The only problem is that the internet connection keeps flashing and will not connect. When running a connection test the message that appears is 'No DSL Cable Is Plugged into the Router ADSL Port', but it is.

What am I (and the service provider tech support) missing? Login and password OK (checked with ISP).  Is it something fundamental such as this device the upgrade service?  Do I need to buy a new unit? 

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear DGND 3700V2 used to connect to internet but now does not

Hello alanb2

I would check your connections try another outlet if you can check the dsl filter you are using it could be to much noise on the line that could be causing the issue. also you could try to factory reset and set the modem up again to make sure all the settings are correct.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7