Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DGND3700 V1 - can I switch off ADSL?

coylum
Aspirant

Netgear DGND3700 V1 - can I switch off ADSL?

Hello,

I have just commenced using my DGND3700 for the NBN connection (FTTP) and it is working very well.

My only issue is that the ADSL LED is constantly flashing as I assume it is still trying to find an ADSL source (?) Is there any way to disable the ADSL2 modem function whilst still alowing the WAN input to remain operational.

The reason I ask is that apart from the continuously flashing ADSL LED (which is only a minor annoyance) the unit seems to be running warmer than usual (?) and I wondered if this was due to the constant searching for an ADSL source??

Any comments would be appreciated

Model: DGND3700v1|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear DGND3700 V1 - can I switch off ADSL?

Hello coylum

Under setup basic settings you could try to change the always on to manual connect see if that stops that issue from happening.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
coylum
Aspirant

Re: Netgear DGND3700 V1 - can I switch off ADSL?

Thanks DarrenM

The manual connect option is only available in the Basic Settings if you nominate that it is necessary to sign in. It is not necessary for me to sign in for the WAN access from the NBN fttp connection as it is already signed in to Telstra. I have tried changing back to the Sign in options but when I Apply this it reverts to the No Need to Sign in options.

As I have no further use of ADSL I am tempted to disconnect the ADSL LED!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7