Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DGND3700v2

bfpa40
Follower

Netgear DGND3700v2

So I own a NETGEAR DGND3700v2 and I cannot get the Email Log Option to work. Is this a known issue with the device?

Model: DGND3700v2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 5

Re: Netgear DGND3700v2

@bfpa40 wrote:

So I own a NETGEAR DGND3700v2 and I cannot get the Email Log Option to work.

What are you doing and where does it go wrong?

Some SMTP servers refuse to play ball.

@bfpa40 wrote:

Is this a known issue with the device?

Only if your SMTP server refuses to cooperate. It has nothing to do with the modem/router, even though is an ancient device that may not support newer features.The last firmware update was three years ago.

According to Netgear's manual for this device the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Message 2 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Not quite sure what you're reading for your speed of port ratings. The spec sheet lists both LAN and WAN ethernet speeds at a Gigabit and Wifi at 300+300 Mbps (2.4Ghz + 5Ghz). Here's the spec sheet

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/datasheet/en/DGND3700v2.pdf

Message 3 of 5

@w3wilkes wrote:

Not quite sure what you're reading for your speed of port ratings.

The manual. Two versions, June 2014 and September 2013.

>>>> DGND3700v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Table 14. DGND3700v2 Router specifications clearly says:

LAN 10BASE-T or 100BASE-Tx, RJ-45
WAN 10BASE-T or 100BASE-Tx, RJ-45

That would not be the first time that the manual has got things wrong.

Message 4 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

You're right about "That would not be the first time that the manual has got things wrong". Every single page of the 2014 manual (didn't look at the older one) says Gigabit in the header and there's multiple other places in the manual that state Gigabit for the LAN & WAN ports. Even the large print at the top of the web page you linked to says "DGND3700v2 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router".

And since I currently use a DGND3700v1 (fore runner of the v2) I know that it has Gigabit LAN and WAN ports so I'm guessing that the v2 didn't get downgraded to 10/100 Base-T, but then again we are talking about Netgear. 😉

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7