Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear NightHawk D7000V2

NalinR
Aspirant

Netgear NightHawk D7000V2

Hi There,

I bought NightHawk D7000v2 and has ever since been facing frequent Network drops. Changed my modem to ISP provided modem and I stopped having connection issues. Recently as number of devices connected to ISP provided modem increased I started getting lower speed so I thought of using NightHawk again. And now again the same story of Random connection drops. I have updated Firmware as well but to no avail. Can somebody please share a solution if they have one?

TA.

Nalin

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

@NalinR wrote:

I bought NightHawk D7000v2 and has ever since been facing frequent Network drops.

Can you provide a bit more detail about what that means?

Does the D7000v2 lose the connection to the Internet? Or are we talking about things connected to the modem/router?

What do the LEDs on the thing show when this happens?

Have you looked for clues in the logs for the D7000v2?

Then there is this bit.

@NalinR wrote:

Recently as number of devices connected to ISP provided modem increased I started getting lower speed ....

What are these devices and how are they connected? Wired? Wifi?

Message 2 of 6
NalinR
Aspirant

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply!!

It Happened morning today as well and I had to restart the modem to get the internet up again.

In the morning there was no WIFI on any device normally connected.. 

I connected my laptop using enternet cable and and I could not access internet using Laptop as well.. Google.com came back with No Internet message.

I am not sure how to check if Modem itself had no signals coming in..I am definitely talking about devices connected to the modem.

Just to mention, I am using Netgear Powerlilne adapter as well to connect my TV and a couple of streaming devices and last time when it happened (last week) there was no internet on TV and streaming devices. 

LEDs were all solid white even when there was no internet.

ISP provided modem is a TPLink AC1200 device and when i was using that modem, I was gettig lower speed in my kids room as signals were not that strong in there. Devices in that room were connected Wirelessly.

I tried looking into the logs from the admin console but could not find anything except few messaged like in the attached file.

Thanks,

Nalin

Message 3 of 6
NalinR
Aspirant

Not sure if i attached log file in my previous reply. 

Thanks anyways for the help!!

Message 4 of 6

As you say, there is nothing in the logs that screams "This is all wrong".

I would investigate the fine details of the DSL settings that the ISP requires.

Tell people who the ISP is and someone might be able to offer clues on where to look in the settings.

Message 5 of 6
SigueSigue
Tutor

there are numerous questions identical to yours and it hints at a serious issue with this series of routers.

if it's in warranty, get a refund and buy a different router.

i'm three years in on this issue. and had one swap for a new router with no issue. 

gone up and down firmware versions.

my guess is it crashes when a certain amount of devices reconnect to the router.

eg someone walks back into wifi range with their mobile phone and it drops everyone or I turn the TV on and as it gets a ip address it crashes.

symptom appears like it connects wifi, but then try get to internet and nothing. disconnect your device and it won't allow reconnect, so you have to reboot the router.

some days good, most days reboot 3-5 times.

I'll have three phones, a mac, a TV, a Apple TV and then a few other devices, such as our Thermomix, our weather guage all connected.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7