Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk D7000 AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem doesnot detect ADSL Connection

Supratik
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk D7000 AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem doesnot detect ADSL Connection

Hi,

I recently changed my Wifi modem from TP Link to Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900. I have an ADSL 2+ connection which works fine with the old modem but won't detect when plugged in to Netgear and the Gennie wizard keeps on throwing an error "DSL Wire not plugged in" as a result of which the twisted wire LED on the display panel won't turn white. The WiFi LED is on and is emitting signal, WPS LED is on, 2.5 / 5.0 Ghz Band LED's are on but neither the ADSL / DSL LED nor the internet LED is lit. I have redone the entire connection number of times with no succes. Just to cross verify that the ADSL connection is active, i plugged the ADSL line from the splitter back to old TP Link Modem and it started working hence the ADSL line is also working fine. I have also done a hard reset but nothing has changed.

Am i missing a trick. I have already spent 5 hours on tgis setup which i suppose whould not take more than 30 mins.

Any suggestions / commenst please.

Thanks in advance!!

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear Nighthawk D7000 AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem doesnot detect ADSL Connection

Who is your ISP?

Are you using the same cables that work with the TP Link modem? It may seem obvious but people have made this mistake in the past. And ensure that it goes into the correct socket on the D7000.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7