Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear WG614 Wireless-G Router

PhillipStone00
Aspirant

Netgear WG614 Wireless-G Router

On this type of router Netgear WGR614 Wireless-g Router, would it work with my current internet carrier of At&t Internet carrier? And if so can I lease it and or to buy it from another website other than from Netgear itself? And also what would the prices be on this type of router from Netgear products? 

Thank you.

Model: AC1450|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Netgear WG614 Wireless-G Router

@PhillipStone00 wrote:

On this type of router Netgear WGR614 Wireless-g Router, would it work with my current internet carrier of At&t Internet carrier?

The router just sits behind whatever modem your Internet service provider requires to get you connected. You can use whatever router you like.

But the WGR614 is a seriously old (2003) box that isn't worth the effort. No one will sell you something that old.

According to Netgear's manual for this device the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Is there any reason why you have posted your message in the section for DSL modem routers? Is it really a m odem that you need?

Message 2 of 4
PhillipStone00
Aspirant

Okay, thanks. And yes I do need a new router and or modem so that I can connect atleast two gaming systems and a tv and a desktop to the router/modem to the rear of it through one of the ports on it?

Message 3 of 4
PhillipStone00
Aspirant

Also I wasn't sure on which coluom to post under for internet? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7