Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear X4s D7800

TGKing
Aspirant

Netgear X4s D7800

Hi Netgear,

I have a netgear D7800 X4S and I have been wondering when there will be a new firmware for the Router, although it is stable but still having some issues with the wireless dropping out. 

I have logged this with you guys in the past and replaced the modem router but the issues has never gone away.

I also don't like the User Interface it is really out of date and hasnt changed for a very long time.

Are there any beta firmware for this router that you are aware of that netgear developers are working on?

Cheers

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Netgear X4s D7800

I would also like to know when new firmware will be out or if it's being tested right now, I have this model too, I'm currently using firmware 1.0.1.10 because 1.0.1.16 was not stable. This is a high end and expensive product surely this should be fixed. Thanks

Message 2 of 10
TGKing
Aspirant

I doubt these guys even review what people are asking for, 

I know for my next modem router it definitely won't be a Netgear thats for sure over priced and the bloody thing isn't even that good.

Message 3 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To be honest these days the hardware is most modem/routers is pretty good, even in IPS routers like the BT HH5 and 6. 
It all comes down to the firmware and the quality of it, and mot companies don't do a very good job. For modems I would say Billion and Draytek are probably the best, for stand alone routers, I would have to say ASUS, even though they just released a new modem/router DSL-AC88U.

I can tell that model will be pretty decent the previous one (DSL-68U) had well over 50 firmware updates, but the issue with it was the chipset so hardware issue. The new 88U has a broadcom chipset so with ASUS support releasing quality firmware in a timely manner, I have high hopes.

Message 4 of 10
TGKing
Aspirant

PeterPan2003, 

You are absolutely correct I had the ASUS 68U when i moved houses the antenna broke and i was unable to get that replaced.

the ASUS 68U was fantastic firmware was always on top of its game and support response times were great.

the 88U I know people that have it and are really happy with it, I'm a big spender on Modem Router as they are a long term financial spending.

unfortunately as you said the hardware with the netgear is great but the firmware is what puts it down.

Well i guess im not the only one here that isn't happy with it. 

Message 5 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello TgKing

How often are you getting wireless drops? Is it only certain devices dropping or all of them? Have you tried to adjust the wireless channel?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @DarrenM are Netgear currently working or testing a new firmware for the D7800? The DSL side kept dropping out on the lastest 1.0.1.16 and I'm currenlty using 1.0.1.10.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
TGKing
Aspirant

Hi @DarrenM I have explored all options on my own and with the service providers, 

I have even had to run scripts to automatically refresh the DNS hosts on the host file to have it renewing on the router very annoying.

If I go back to the previous version 1.0.1.10 then I have issues with my streaming media. 

I have really looking forward for a new firmware and looks Netgear doesn't want to fix anything for any one, if you look at back at the reviews everyone is complaining.

Message 8 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Can support reply....

Message 9 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The latest firmware is 1.0.1.16 and I am not aware of any beta firmware.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7