Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear giving up on the DGND3700, DGND3700v2 to be released instead.

Babbage
Aspirant

My support case was updated at the weekend (after a 6 month wait) to say an RMA had been issued, and I received my v2 today. Not got time to set it up until Friday but I thought I'd just mention the barcode sticker on the bottom of the box says DGND3700-100UKS, exactly the same as on the old box I got down from the loft, but the Package Contents on the left side of the box clearly shows is is the v2.
Message 151 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

Babbage wrote:
My support case was updated at the weekend (after a 6 month wait) to say an RMA had been issued, and I received my v2 today. Not got time to set it up until Friday but I thought I'd just mention the barcode sticker on the bottom of the box says DGND3700-100UKS, exactly the same as on the old box I got down from the loft, but the Package Contents on the left side of the box clearly shows is is the v2.

How many tiers did you have to go before they rma'd you. I'm up to tier 3 and now waiting for a call back.
Message 152 of 287
keith_thfc
Tutor

@babbage

Were you really waiting 6 months? Why the delay?

I've been waiting 3 months now and still getting nowhere. Yesterday after chasing them via my outstanding refund/RMA ticket for about the 10th time this month I got a reply telling me to email them instead "for a faster response".

:eek:
Message 153 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

Hi all

Just a couple of questions.

Q1 does this new version 2 support ipv6
Q2 will this work with bt infinity as I might upgrade to that later on
Q3 does anyone use this router with bethere and how is it
Q4 I own a dg834gt and wanted to replace it with this is that a good choice
Q5 can you buy the v2 in the uk like amazon or other as I can not find one
Q6 is it replicable as I have read bad thinks about v1
Q7 anything. Missed

Thanks.
Message 154 of 287
keith_thfc
Tutor

Just got a reply from Netgear saying that:

"the refund request for your device has been submitted to our executives at our corporate headquarters. I will check with our headquarters to determine the current status of your check and notify you as soon as possible"

Its been 3 months since I was promised a refund in writing......

Judging by the negative customer reviews on here/other sites I can't be the only one.....
Message 155 of 287
Babbage
Aspirant

keith_thfc wrote:
@babbage
Were you really waiting 6 months? Why the delay?

theTechman05 wrote:
How many tiers did you have to go before they rma'd you. I'm up to tier 3 and now waiting for a call back.

I opened a support case on 30th October last year about the traffic meter losing data when the clocks went back (and it then kept doing it at the start of each month). It was passed to 2nd line on 4th January then 3rd line on 16th January, then the next update after that was 1st July. So to be fair it was only 5 and a half months 😉

Anyway, I'm now using the v2 and my download speed has increased by over 1Mbps so that's a bonus! On the minus side, copying files to the Readyshare appears to be even slower than before but I don't use it very often so I'm not too bothered about that. Time will tell how the traffic meter behaves.
Message 156 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

Meridius wrote:
Hi all

Q7 anything. Missed

Thanks.

Anyone please help
Message 157 of 287
christonabike
Aspirant

Lucky I found this forum. Ordered a DGND3700 from scan.co.uk, it's a V1 of course 😞
Returning unopened for a full refund.
Message 158 of 287
adc1
Novice

Blake77 wrote:
Still no call back but I have had an email asking me to confirm my email address for another PMA, I have told them that I expect Netgear to pay carriage this time(I have already paid for the first PMA) and not to send me a replacement unless it has the upgraded firmware - their response was that my request would be passed to the relevant department but they could not give me a time scale for the replacement!! (I will have to make sure my ticket does not time out. Service is disappointing to say the least. Good job I did not sell my 3300 which is excellent.

Have now received an RMA to exchange my unit for a v2 (hooray) lets hope thats what comes!! However they have refused to meet the carriage costs for returning the second faulty unit. Every communication comes from different personal and I am now dealing with a 'Customer Care Advocate.' Here for general information is my responce:-

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Disappointed at your decision, I have had eight months of misery due to your faulty product which should have been recalled long ago in my opinion. I am a loyal Netgear user who has recommended you company and its products to others. As previously pointed out your faultly product caused me to change ISP for no reason. I have already paid carriage on returning one faulty unit and you sent me another standard replacement (not even a v1) which is also faulty!!! and you expect me to pay the carriage for returning it! This is illegal in the UK as the manufacturer would be liable for consequential loss in a consumer sale, but I have no choice but to pay it - for the sack of a few pounds you have now lost a customer!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I post the final outcome in due course.
Message 159 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

Support have ceased calling me despite their promises. My tickets have been on and off for the entire 12 months I have owned this blinking router. I will never buy Netgear again.
Message 160 of 287
keith_thfc
Tutor

BitStream wrote:
Support have ceased calling me despite their promises. My tickets have been on and off for the entire 12 months I have owned this blinking router. I will never buy Netgear again.

Ditto myself - had ongoing tickets for 11 months now and feel exactly the same way.

Most of the correspondence I've had involves a standard cut & paste message telling you how important customer service is to them and then a promise to log a complaint on your behalf or to escalate things further.

Lots of talk but very little action behind it all....
Message 161 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

Netgear have finally agreed and RMA on my V1 DGND3700 after 1 year of continuing tickets. Hopefully I'll get a fully functional V2 in return.
Message 162 of 287
luisito_ortiz
Aspirant

I've had my DGDN3700v2 for 3 weeks now. The device performs exactly as it should. Today it was been stormy all day and I've had zero connection problems. I do have a small issue where it doesn't let me do port forwarding for port 6783, but my main concern was the connection stability. By the way, I'm in the US, but it turns out they sent me the Australian version, but promised full product support anyway. The v2 is rock solid. If you're in the US, I would wait until it comes out in August (That was the ETA I got from them) if you're planning on buying it.
Message 163 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

I think August was about when it came out last year. I'm still waiting for my call back so I guess I get to call them tomorrow on thr issue. I still haven't found a competitive router so I've got to hope they found a solution and forgot to tell me.

:rolleyes:
Message 164 of 287
finisterre
Novice

Bought one of these from Amazon UK in June.

After using it for a month and a few days I finally got hacked off with the dropping/re-establishing of the ADSL line, but even worse the terrible range and Wi-Fi signal quality, and raised an RMA with Amazon who have agreed to refund me.

Having looked into it, I can confirm it’s a V1.

Will likely be buying a Billion BiPAC 7800N as a replacement due to the good reviews. Unless I read reports of the V2 fixing these issues, and actually find somewhere that guarantees to ship a V2.

Poor show Netgear.
Message 165 of 287
adc1
Novice

adc1 wrote:
Have now received an RMA to exchange my unit for a v2 (hooray) lets hope thats what comes!! However they have refused to meet the carriage costs for returning the second faulty unit. Every communication comes from different personal and I am now dealing with a 'Customer Care Advocate.' Here for general information is my responce:-

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Disappointed at your decision, I have had eight months of misery due to your faulty product which should have been recalled long ago in my opinion. I am a loyal Netgear user who has recommended you company and its products to others. As previously pointed out your faultly product caused me to change ISP for no reason. I have already paid carriage on returning one faulty unit and you sent me another standard replacement (not even a v1) which is also faulty!!! and you expect me to pay the carriage for returning it! This is illegal in the UK as the manufacturer would be liable for consequential loss in a consumer sale, but I have no choice but to pay it - for the sack of a few pounds you have now lost a customer!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I post the final outcome in due course.

OK replacement arrived yesterday and I was surprised to see it was a new v2 in retail packaging with all the accessories! It is a very different product and has a totally different feel. The new 'Netgear Genie' interface is much better than the old interface. It is installed and performing correctly with no issues so far! I will update in 14 days but it looks hopeful.
Message 166 of 287
Ryster
Tutor

Nice to see my thread is still going strong 🙂

I'm glad some of you have now been receiving v2 devices as replacement. I too am now trying to get my original case re-opened and the RMA they offered to me actioned.

Thanks.
Message 167 of 287
ammotrup
Novice

I received a version 2 as a replacement - I had opened a ticket on New Years that had been dormant since it was supposedly elevated to engineering. I had to open a new ticket and reference the old one one as updates got an automated reply but no action.

I got the Austrialian version because the US version is not yet out. The only difference is the power supply so they removed the power supply prior to shipping.

It seems to be more stable and the Traffic Meter functions with a minor configuration bug.

It does show support for IP6 but I haven't tested.

The Genie configuration has a slow response on opening menus and is complete redesign from version 1.

I upgraded to AT&T Uverse so I can no longer use the modem function due to AT&T implementing dot 1X security so no aftermarket modems will work. I'm still using the DGND3700 behind the AT&T router. They've fixed the problem with the DSL lights blinking when it's not in use.

The menu is so different that it's basically a new router with a new interface.

I still don't understand why software fixes for version 1 have been so slow if they have staff to work on newer versions while leaving current products wit major bugs.
Message 168 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

Nice to see some positive progression on this issue at last.

I've been using the WNDR3800 with the Netgear Genie interface and I also like it.

There are some apps available for different platforms too. Check your relevant markets to see what is available or download them from the link below:

http://www.netgear.com/landing/en-us/netgear-genie.aspx

IPv6 support is hidden under Advanced --> Advanced Setup. I have to shrink my display on my Laptop to see it and the traffic meter is below that. I would guess that the DGND3700v2 will be similar.
Message 169 of 287
ammotrup
Novice

Scubbie,

The Genie menu is not compatible within a window but must be used full screen. The Help & Support bar covers some of the menu options but are uncovered in full screen.

The Netgear Genie PC software seems to work well with the DGND3700V2. There is a bug in the Traffic meter warning that seems to be set for only minutes but it seems to be a significant improvement over V1. I can't test the modem section as I'm stuck with the AT&T modem because of dot 1X (I upgraded the week before the latest RMA). But I don't have the flashing DSL light that I had with V1.
Message 170 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

Today I received my replacement DGND3700, it is a V1. After 12 months backwards and forwards with Netgear support and their assurances that they would resolve my case I still have a V1 router. They accepted my request to RMA the router for a V2 but clearly something has gone wrong. This has tainted my already poor view of Netgear even further. How they can constantly get it so wrong is beyond me.
Message 171 of 287
keith_thfc
Tutor

BitStream wrote:
Today I received my replacement DGND3700, it is a V1. After 12 months backwards and forwards with Netgear support and their assurances that they would resolve my case I still have a V1 router. They accepted my request to RMA the router for a V2 but clearly something has gone wrong. This has tainted my already poor view of Netgear even further. How they can constantly get it so wrong is beyond me.

This has just put me off asking for a v2 replacement - think I will just stick to the refund option now.

Netgear don't appear to be in a hurry anyway. Customers having a non-working product for months on end seems to be fairly acceptable to them.
Message 172 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

ammotrup wrote:
The Genie menu is not compatible within a window but must be used full screen. The Help & Support bar covers some of the menu options but are uncovered in full screen.

My Laptop's display is at fault for trimming the bottom of the GUI.

...or is it a case that when the GUI was designed, no one bothered to check as 1366x768 is a common resolution for Laptops. Also 1024x768 is also a common resolution.

I also refrain from allowing tool bars to be installed.

I never use the "Full Screen" option, but certainly don't have it as a small window either.

ammotrup wrote:
The Netgear Genie PC software seems to work well with the DGND3700V2. There is a bug in the Traffic meter warning that seems to be set for only minutes but it seems to be a significant improvement over V1. I can't test the modem section as I'm stuck with the AT&T modem because of dot 1X (I upgraded the week before the latest RMA). But I don't have the flashing DSL light that I had with V1.

At least it is working better now. 🙂

I have also picked up on another forum that the DGND3700v2 is also now available from some suppliers in the UK.
Message 173 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

What uk suppliers ?
Message 174 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

Meridius wrote:
Hi all

Q7 anything. Missed

Thanks.

Can anyone help on this