Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear giving up on the DGND3700, DGND3700v2 to be released instead.

Mars Mug
Virtuoso

I don’t know the L1 moderators, but I suspect that they may not be engineers or technicians.
Message 251 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

I am surprised by this as well and know that on other forums, where the product representatives and/or technicians get involved, their input is well regarded and they provide a very useful conduit between the company & the users.

I really believe that Netgear should consider allocating technical resource to monitor, at the very least, the forum & what is being discussed. They may be surprised as to how useful it can be. 😉
Message 252 of 287
TheNavigator
Aspirant

I have posted this under Beta firmware V1.0.0.19_1.0.19_Test1 Issues(?) but feel it worth raising as relevant under this thread too.

:cool:Here are my closing notes to Netgear now that the V2 has proven itself superior to the V1.

Theoretically I am happy to have this case closed as my immediate issues with the Traffic Meter have been sorted following the provision of a DGND3700V2. Thanks for this.

However, not being sure how Netgear closes its support issues and if this is automatic by me submitting as OK rather than if you review the case notes before finally closing off, then I feel it worth mentioning a couple of points that you may wish to raise internally as potential bugs to be addressed in a future release of firmware.

The points which still revolve around the Traffic Meter are:

1. Unless I have selected PPoA as my connection method, then the option for "Connection time control" is unavailable - only "Traffic volume control" is selectable. Unfortunately I cannot establish a connection using PPoA, I think because I have a static IP over an LLC-Based connection.

2. Setting the "Traffic Control - Popup warning message" is limited to a value no greater than 100Mbytes/minutes. As I am using Traffic Volume control to monitor my usage, then 100Mbytes as a warning threshold is rather limited. Inputting a value greater than 100 produces an error "Invalid numeric value for Watermark at traffic control"

As I say feel free to close this off but please ensure the additional issues are raised for further attention.

I am sure other issues will crop up over time but at least I have finally managed to get an acceptable working device.:cool:
Message 253 of 287
mrnotu
Aspirant

Hey I just bought the DGND3700. I had trouble from the get go and now it will not even connect. Support has been stringing me along. I have tried everything they asked and more. Spent hours of my own time on this. I think they are trying to get me passed the warranty. And all along they have known about the serious issues with this product. Really steams it all up. I do not think I can continue to buy NetGear's products if this is how they treat their customers.
NeGear, I am asking you to make this right.
Message 254 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

Well, 3 weeks in with the v2 and only 2 red lights events that cleared themselves in 5-10 seconds. No other issues noted on my ADSL connection and whilst I have not noted any improvements in terms of internet connection speeds (but then I am paying for 8Mbps and getting on average 7Mbps) the connection seems more stable and on the wireless side things are better when compared to my old DG834PNG.

Regards

Balders
Message 255 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

Well Netgear support still haven't sent me a V2 because they don't have them in stock yet!!!!!!! I pointed out that both Amazon.co.uk and Scan.co.uk have them in stock but apparently Netgear themselves don't. You couldn't make it up.
Message 256 of 287
sabretooth
Apprentice

That's because they sent them all to Amazon and Scan in the UK. 😉
Message 257 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

I nearly suggested they could get one from Amazon or Scan 🙂
Message 258 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

Baldrick wrote:
Well, 3 weeks in with the v2 and only 2 red lights events that cleared themselves in 5-10 seconds. No other issues noted on my ADSL connection and whilst I have not noted any improvements in terms of internet connection speeds (but then I am paying for 8Mbps and getting on average 7Mbps) the connection seems more stable and on the wireless side things are better when compared to my old DG834PNG.

Regards

Balders

What where the 2 red lights ?

Cheers
Message 259 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

Hi Meridius

The Red Light events where cases when the Internet connection 'broke' (red light on instead of Green) but re-connection was automatic within 5-10 seconds in each case.

Theis seemed to be a bad issue for some v1 users but as far as I can see has been resolved with the v2 (although to be sure it would require a v1 user with the issue to try reproducing with a v2).

Hope that helps?

Regards

Balders
Message 260 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

Thanks

So this means you had 2 dropped lines in a couple of weeks. So how are these routers performing then are they much much better then the v1 and are they better than the dg834gt routers.

Cheers
Message 261 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

Meridius wrote:
Thanks

So this means you had 2 dropped lines in a couple of weeks. So how are these routers performing then are they much much better then the v1 and are they better than the dg834gt routers.

Cheers

Hi Meridius

Correct...and in fact make that 2 dropped lines in a month (as I have had no more since I posted about them).

I cannot say from experience how much betterthe v2 is when compared to the v1 as I avoided buying a v1 (thanks to this forum)...but from what I have read of people's v1 experinces and compared them to my experience of a v2...I would have to say that the v2 is much, much better than the v1...IMHO.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Balders
Message 262 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

Thanks

So no other problems that you have encountered then ?

Cheers
Message 263 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

Meridius wrote:
Thanks

So no other problems that you have encountered then ?

Cheers

Nope...not as far as I can tell. 😄
Message 264 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

Finally I got an email today saying my replacement router has been dispatched. Fingers crossed. Only taken 13 months!!!!
Message 265 of 287
NUTTER123
Aspirant

Got a V2 today to replace the V1. Love the new interface.
Message 266 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

My DGND3700v2 arrived from Netgear today. I was begining to think it was a mythical beast. It is a massive improvement on the original v1 unit. So far I have been very impressed with the interface and ease of use. Time will tell but so far so good.
Message 267 of 287
NUTTER123
Aspirant

I did have a slight issue yesterday when setting up. I had already installed NETGEAR genie and was using my sky sagem router (which I hacked for another ISP) As soon as I unplugged that router and put the V2 in? I got into the interface but was getting 403 forbidden messages when trying to set up my connection. But I uninstalled NETGEAR genie, rebooted and was sorted. So far it is proving very stable. This is what netgear should have bought out in the first place (even if the original did cost me a xbox and 120 quid) 😛
Message 268 of 287
Rextra
Aspirant

Been about a month now, and I haven't been able to confirm that there are
any DGND3700V2s in the States. Netgear TS sent me a message indicating they thought there should be, and contact a on seller here NewEgg to confirm,
NewEgg replies back that they have no way of knowing what version they have available to ship to me. So right now I am on hold, hopefully by Sept/Oct
the Version 2s will start showing up in the States.
Message 269 of 287
Dick_W
Aspirant

So after months of playing "yes I have real problems" with L1 and L2 Support, and one RMA for dead DSL, L3 sent me a v2 to replace my v1--in a carton marked DGND3700-100AUS, with several of the compliance logos taped over (including, I'm guessing, the WiFi Alliance logo) and without a power supply. It comes up apparently as a worldwide unit--as I can select non-US WiFi channels and the country pulldowns are enabled. (The FCC probably would not certify it this way.) I'm guessing this is hardware that wasn't originally destined for the US market.

Good news is that the most annoying problem I was having with the v1, a problem where ReadyShare was, apparently, reporting bad files sizes for files >2^32 bytes in length, seems to not be present. But all is not rosy. Here are new issues I've already reported with the v2:

There are other more minor nits (e.g., no control over when MediaShare indexes files) but these just seem like niggling.

NETGEAR should stick to level 2 and below products. I love their unmanaged switches. Routers? Not so much...
Message 270 of 287
NUTTER123
Aspirant

Question. Regarding the replacements some people have had for their V1's. Does anybody know if the V2'S that NETGEAR are replacing some with. Would they be brand new devices altogether or refurbished V2'S? Just wondering as when I got my router the other day I tried to register it online (for my support and all of that) I entered the serial number on my device and said it could not be registered as the serial had already been registered? Would technical support have already registered the device before they shipped? Everything looked new in box (even got a power supply when I was told when returning my V1 that I was to keep that)
Message 271 of 287
TheNavigator
Aspirant

When I bought my V1 device I registered it in order to complain about the problems being experienced. After a few abortive V1 swapouts I eventually had this replaced with a V2. I then also attempted to register the new device under my name but found it was already on the system.

Netgear seem to have been astute enough to have done this for me. This obviously ensures that the device warranty only continues for the same period of time as the original and does not start the clock again for the full warranty period.
Message 272 of 287
justwildlife
Aspirant

About a month ago I bought DGND3700 from local Computer Shop and that too after getting confirmation from Netgear in my Country that they are not supplying v. 1 in my country.

But after opening the box and installing, I found that it is v. 1 which their Distributor is supplying. Immediately I called up Netgear office and they assured me that they will replace it with v. 2. Yesterday they offered me replacement but unfortunately when I visited them for replacement to v.2, I found all the stock they have is v. 1. Now they are telling that it will take one more week to get replacement as they are expecting another consignment and they expect that it includes v. 2 shipment.
Message 273 of 287

Hi!

I've been using a DGND3700 v1 for some time now (like a year or so), with no real isues, except maybe a few router 'locks' that were solved by rebooting the router.

Now I found this thread and I'm seeing al the complaints with the v1 units. Soon I'll be migrating from DSL (just like 2-3 Mb/s) to 100 Mb/s optic fiber connection. I'm worried that my router will stop working well then, after the warranty period is over.

Could anyone assist in telling me some test I can run on my router to check if everything is working ok?
Has people been succesful in contacting netgear support to replace v1 with v2 in general? In my case, I'm in Spain, would thank if someone could PM me with their experience with the local support team.

Thanks! 🙂
Message 274 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

Providing that you connect the router through the WAN Ethernet port, it should behave no worse than it is now.

Do get the required settings from your ISP though.

You may need to check out a 3rd party firmware though. The DD-WRT site does not currently have the DGND3700 as a supported router.
Message 275 of 287
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7