Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear giving up on the DGND3700, DGND3700v2 to be released instead.

Meridius
Aspirant

Re: Netgear giving up on the DGND3700, DGND3700v2 to be released instead.

Has anyone on bethere upgraded from a netgear dg834gt to this router ? And if so how u finding it.

I just don't know what to do for the best at the moment as I want to be ready for the network change over o. Bethere and have a future proof fibre router to.
Message 201 of 287
mulkman
Aspirant

Meridius wrote:
Has anyone on bethere upgraded from a netgear dg834gt to this router ? And if so how u finding it.

I just don't know what to do for the best at the moment as I want to be ready for the network change over o. Bethere and have a future proof fibre router to.

I have owned that router and its one of the best netgear have released. Highly tweak-able with custom firmware.

My advice if you want a router to work on be there and be future proof with IPv6 go for this. It seems stable and netgear will possibly get more performance out of it with firmware updates

The Netgear DGND4000 N750 will be out later in the year.

For the price its worth it at £100 the DGND4000 N750 will cost around £50 quid more
Message 202 of 287
keith_thfc
Tutor

Just as a side question - presumably our existing Be Box routers (Thomson/Technicolor) would still work after the Be network changeover - either that or they will replace with something else for free?
Message 203 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

keith_thfc wrote:
Just as a side question - presumably our existing Be Box routers (Thomson/Technicolor) would still work after the Be network changeover - either that or they will replace with something else for free?

The technicolor routers are the only router that supports ipv6 from bethere so they will just use that. But I hate them routers and always have used netgears since the days of the first adsl systems that where used.

The dg834gt is now to old to support the new networks and in a year or so will be unable to use them. So this router 3700 is the only router that supports both a adsl modem and fibre usable and ipv6 well v2 anyways.

I might wait a week or two and see how people on here get on with the v2 on bethere
Message 204 of 287
alanOB
Aspirant

The is a review on amazon uk stating that they are now supplying V 2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-Wireless-Gigabit-ADSL2-Router/dp/B004TR5HF8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1...
Message 205 of 287
chromedome
Aspirant

chromedome wrote:
... I'll see if I can get one of the poorer ones shortly.

So, here is what I get when things are on a go-slow.

I'm not sure, but I think it might be caused by my MacBook joining the network. All this morning things were fine, until it was booted up and logged on. Instantly the ping shot up and the speeds slowed.

As there are some reported issues with OSX Lion and wifi, I shall have to see if there's anything I can do to fix it.

Any suggestions welcome!

Other than these wifi slowdowns, the router has been rock solid in terms of ADSL connection.
Message 206 of 287
arobertson676
Novice

I have recieved the DGND3700 from Amazon today and it is not the v2.
Message 207 of 287
keith_thfc
Tutor

arobertson676 wrote:
I have recieved the DGND3700 from Amazon today and it is not the v2.
Can you contact them and ask for a replacement if they have any v2 models in stock?

Could be they have a mixture in their warehouses.
Message 208 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

Have received my DGND3700 v2, purchased from Scan.co.uk...and I am pleased to say that it is a v2 (packaging as described earlier in this post).

The service was very efficient; order Sunday night, processed Monday & received Tuesday afternoon. Can heartily recommend the buying experience.

Have just connected it up and it was set up in just over 5 minutes using the browser wizard...and so far so good. Have to say that we are still on just ADSL via our exchange...probably due to living in a semi rural location (but have been advised that we should be upgraded soon...hopefully true as this is one of the reasons for the router upgrade).

But it is early days yet and I need to test it with streaming films to the TV and the various other devices that we have (mainly 2.4GHz compatible).

Will monitor for drop outs and the like over the next few days and post back what I find, especially if negative.

Regards

Balders
Message 209 of 287
arobertson676
Novice

Received the DGND3700 from Scan.co.uk and it is not a v2, but a v1! DAMN! So Amazon and Scan are not exclusively stocking the v2.
Message 210 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

Yes, it would seem so and I even called Scan, once they confrimed receipt of my order, and asked them the question directly. The Customer Services Rep actually went and got a unit and confirmed the packaging for me (which has in small letters on the side; DGND3700 v2).

I guess that mulkman and I were lucky. 😮
Message 211 of 287
Rextra
Aspirant

All the pictures of the DGND3700 on Amazon, Newegg that I've looked at don't show the V2, so I am not sure if V2 is available in the States yet...anyone here
find a V2 forsale in the States ?
Message 212 of 287
keith_thfc
Tutor

Rextra wrote:
All the pictures of the DGND3700 on Amazon, Newegg that I've looked at don't show the V2, so I am not sure if V2 is available in the States yet...anyone here
find a V2 forsale in the States ?
I'm guessing that the retailers like Amazon aren't going to bother updating their product page specs for the v2 model.

They probably don't even know (or care) if its a v1 or v2 model that they get shipped in from Netgear.
Message 213 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

arobertson676 wrote:
Received the DGND3700 from Scan.co.uk and it is not a v2, but a v1! DAMN! So Amazon and Scan are not exclusively stocking the v2.

Have you phoned them and asked what's going on and what you going to do ?

Cheers
Message 214 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

keith_thfc wrote:
I'm guessing that the retailers like Amazon aren't going to bother updating their product page specs for the v2 model.

They probably don't even know (or care) if its a v1 or v2 model that they get shipped in from Netgear.

They update ,you just have to make sure when you buy from other dealers. As far as I'm concerned they don't have v2 and they probably won't habe it up till end of summer if they follow last years path.

Most of the people on this forum looked to be from U.k and had prioity in solving problems. I'm still hoping thier working on my wireless problem(see beta4) in the U.S..
Message 215 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

What's up with the wifi? On these oe are only a couple people having problems with the wifi.

Chers
Message 216 of 287
mauritss
Aspirant

I would like to buy the DGND3700v2. If in the specifications on a webshop is stated that the supplied software is "NETGEAR Genie" can I be sure that it will be a v2 and not a v1?

Are there other specifications that differ?
Message 217 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

mauritss wrote:
I would like to buy the DGND3700v2. If in the specifications on a webshop is stated that the supplied software is "NETGEAR Genie" can I be sure that it will be a v2 and not a v1?

Are there other specifications that differ?

If I recall correctly, the v1 originally claimed to support Netgear Genie but they never did release a suitable firmware to do so.

Personally I would contact the seller directly (or via amazon/eBay/etc.) and ensure that it is a v2 before you confirm your order.

The end of the packaging of the v2 clearly confirms that it is the DGND3700v2, where as the v1 just says "DGND3700".
Message 218 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

Scubbie wrote:

The end of the packaging of the v2 clearly confirms that it is the DGND3700v2, where as the v1 just says "DGND3700".

If you check under the upc it should also say dgnd3700-nas200 or something relative to country. My v1 replacement said dgnd3700-nab100 (not "nas" nab).

My local staples must have just gotten v1's in to local stores(used to be only online) The boxes are empty with no specifics with no net genie sticker. I think Staples is big on netgear right now since they got the 802.11ac routers advertised much quicker than the 3700's ever were.
Message 219 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

so is there nay problems so for with these routers ? droped lines bad sync or poor wifi ?
Message 220 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

Meridius wrote:
so is there nay problems so for with these routers ? droped lines bad sync or poor wifi ?

Please read this section of the forum.

So far things appear to be quiet regarding unfixable issues.

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115
Message 221 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

theTechman05 wrote:
If you check under the upc it should also say dgnd3700-nas200 or something relative to country. My v1 replacement said dgnd3700-nab100 (not "nas" nab).

My local staples must have just gotten v1's in to local stores(used to be only online) The boxes are empty with no specifics with no net genie sticker. I think Staples is big on netgear right now since they got the 802.11ac routers advertised much quicker than the 3700's ever were.

My v2 bought in the UK states "dgnd3700-100UKS" but I thought that the v1 did also?
Message 222 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

Meridius wrote:

Well, so far I have only spotted ONE Red Light incident re. my v2...and that corrected itself, ie, internet back, within 5 seconds.

But still early days and still checking. 🙂
Message 223 of 287
Meridius
Aspirant

Keep us posted

Cheers
Message 224 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

Will do.

So far still so good. No lost connections that I am aware of since the last one reported.

Seems a little slower at start up when compared to a DG834PN but then again it is a more sophisticated router (apparently 😉 ).

As has been advised in another thread as an 'n' router it seems to be a little more sensitive to placement (sorting that out has been the bulk of the focus at present) than the DG834PN (just a 'b/g' device).

5GHz seems 'weaker' than 2.4GHz...but still testing.

Balders 😄
Message 225 of 287
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7