Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear nighthawk D7000 v2 Wifi Issues

JWG-SE
Follower

Netgear nighthawk D7000 v2 Wifi Issues

Hi,

I have had numerous problems with my internet since connecting my D700v2 and the customer service are less than helpful!

- My wifi extender seems to not be boosting the 5gh connection

- My printer had randomly stopped being connected to the network(has previously worked)

- The main issue is that the internet is extermely slow and has bandwidth issues

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear nighthawk D7000 v2 Wifi Issues

@JWG-SE wrote:

Hi,

I have had numerous problems with my internet since connecting my D700v2 and the customer service are less than helpful!

- My wifi extender seems to not be boosting the 5gh connection

- My printer had randomly stopped being connected to the network(has previously worked)

- The main issue is that the internet is extermely slow and has bandwidth issues

More details helps.

1. What firmware is on the D7000v2?

2. What speeds do you pay for? DSL or cable? What does your provider state you should get at your residence?

3. If you're hardwired into the D7000, what speeds do you get? Not wireless speeds, the hardwired speeds. Wireless can be impacted by many things such as wifi interference, house structure, specific device usage, etc. Thats why we need to know your hardwired speeds. 

3. Printer dropping off can usually be resolved by address reservation or a static IP address for printers. 

4. What extender are you using? Firmware on it?

Message 2 of 3

Re: Netgear nighthawk D7000 v2 Wifi Issues

In addition to the questions from @plemans a few more answers might help.

@JWG-SE wrote:

How is this printer connected to things? Wifi to router/extender? USB to the modem/router? Wired Ethernet?

Have you reset it and created the connection from scratch with the new modem/router? In other words, did you get it to forget its older connection to whatever else you had before?

What are these "bandwidth issues"? Any different from the speed?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7