Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear's Warranty

kaygee46
Initiate

Netgear's Warranty

I have a Netgear DGN1000v3 modem router which was replaced after about a month because it would not let me log in to change any settings. The replacement modem has now failed, dropping out every minute and a half over a 3 hour period. I replaced the Netgear modem with an old Billion modem which has been running flawlessly for the past 19 hours.  I emailed Netgear support and they said because I was now outside the 90 day technical phone support period I would have to phone support (?? Huh?). I phoned the number they provided and after explaining the problem again, I was again told I was outside the 90 day phone support period but I could go to the on line forums and look for a solution or I could pay a fee to join their Premium Support service. If I didn't want to do that I could pay a once only fee and they would investigate the current fault. All of these fees were more than the cost of the modem.  A 6 month premium subscription was I think $89, 12 months was $139, and I think the once only fee was around $50. I didn't take too much notice because the requirement to pay any fee at all makes the two year warranty an absolute joke. You cannot take advantage of the two year warranty unless you pay a fee to get them to investigate the problem, I paid $37 for the DGN1000 on a special, and there are quite a few other basic modems around under $60. I won't be looking for another Netgear modem though. The actual useful warranty period is 90 days not 2 years. Buyer beware.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear's Warranty

Hello kaygee46

I looked into your issue threw support I know that they contacted you back about the issue has everything been working or have you been having any other issues since then? Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7