Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear wac120 lease time.

Donnypwnz
Follower

Netgear wac120 lease time.

Hey there community,

I was searching for the lease time in the configuration but it doesn't seem to have any options for that.
Any tips ?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

The AP does not run DHCP server - client or static IP.. The IP lease time would be on the DHCP Server side, probably your router. If it is a Netgear router, you cannot change the lease time, which is 24 hours. Most home consumer routers do not allow for change lease imes.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
netwrks
Master

The AP does not run DHCP server - client or static IP.. The IP lease time would be on the DHCP Server side, probably your router. If it is a Netgear router, you cannot change the lease time, which is 24 hours. Most home consumer routers do not allow for change lease imes.

Message 2 of 3
w3wilkes
Prodigy

From all I've been able to find out the Netgear lease time is 1 hour, not 24 hours. 1 hour is insufficient for some things that do not handle DHCP lease expiration correctly like the Bare Metal Restore function of some backup products. If the Bare Metal Restoe will take more than 1 hour the restore will fail with an unknown network error when the DHCP lease expires. The only consumer Netgear device I'm aware of that is capable of specifying DHCP lease time is the DGND3700v1, but only if you run the Richud custom 3rd party firmware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7