Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear x8 D8500 2.4ghz unstable and cuts out. This issue should have been fixed ages ago by now

YF-IT-Manager
Aspirant

Netgear x8 D8500 2.4ghz unstable and cuts out. This issue should have been fixed ages ago by now?

Does anyone else have this problem still? It's been 2 years since first being reported, I need a solution.

Firmware version is: 1.0.3.29 (latest)
Mac OSX High Sierra
Have 18 Devices connected (small business; Imac's, Macbook and android + iphone's. )
Bought this device for the business 2 months ago and 2.4ghz is already failing.

5ghz and wired work perfectly. 

Have changed channels, reset + many other solutions that I found via search on this website.
This is starting to affect our business directly, please help Netgear and fix the solution in firmware, it's a bloody expensive router and it doesnt work!

Have I missed any solutions?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
YF-IT-Manager
Aspirant

Re: Netgear x8 D8500 2.4ghz unstable and cuts out. This issue should have been fixed ages ago by now

The devices if it helps are:

- 7x Imac's from 2014 to 2017 models - 4 wired 3 wifi, 
- 1x Macbook Pro - Wifi, 
- 1x printer - Wired and 
- the remainder Android phones + Iphone's through wifi. 

All running latest OS + Firmware. 
It's only 2.4ghz that is not functioning properly.

Message 2 of 5
rabbit_321
Initiate

Just started having this problem a few hours ago myself needless to say i'm hella pissed off

Message 3 of 5
rabbit_321
Initiate

Don't worry you'll end up calling the call centre like i did, get a very helpful person on the other end of the line and if you've tried everything to fix it like i did your RMA will be approved in under 5 minutes, and then...

You'll get shafted as they make you pay to ship the $600AUD router back to get a replacement.. there goes another $40 in shipping and in the meantime i'll be sitting here twiddling my thumbs, burning though my phones mobile data.

Thanks netgear you've already ruined my Friday night trying to fixed your faulty hardware, now your putting me out of pocket even more, along with making me disconnect all my hardware, box it up and take it to the post office on the one half day that they are open on the weekend.

Message 4 of 5
YF-IT-Manager
Aspirant

It's not all bad, mine has now gone into an eternal restart loop. For one of the most expensive routers on the market, this is an absolute piece of ****

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7