Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Buckchoi
Guide

It is on the NETGEAR Support website, as per usual.

Message 801 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

Apologies, I assumed you were referring to @richud's firmware since you were posting in this particular forum. His last was BETA / 2015-05-21_3.0.16 so I had a momentary thought 3.0.0.22 might be referring to his firmware.

Normal postings here refer to @richuds "New Firmware with built in Torrent client" as in http://www.richud.com/wiki/DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware#Download_Latest_Firmware_DGND3700V1.2FN...

Message 802 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

On the OpenWRT support... It says in the linked page that the OpenWRT firmware does NOT support the DSL modem and never will. The Richud firmware with Torrent client not only supports the DSL modem, but also adds VDSL support for the modem.

Message 803 of 1,478
Buckchoi
Guide

@paulmcg richud's firmware is based on the firmware of the DGND3800B. My post was directed at richud to alert him of the release of a new DGND3800B firmware version upon which he can add his modifications to, hence why I tagged him in it.

Message 804 of 1,478
mrblack1976
Aspirant

hello Richud use your firmware and 'excellent and I' got this idea after considering a contract with a wireless connection (the Italian eolo), it would be interesting to include a bandwidth limiter and shaper bandwidth for Ethernet ports, what do you think? obviously with calm and unhurried in the coming months and perhaps with a donation excuse my bad English translated with google translator

Message 805 of 1,478
objecttothis2
Aspirant

Port Forwarding Problem on Richud Firmware

Hi guys,

I'm hoping since I'm running DGND3700_2015-02-08_A_D.chk of Richud's firmware that Richud or someone might be able to help me troubleshoot what's going on.  I'm having trouble getting port 80 forwarded to my FAMP server so that I can use DDNS to serve pages.  If I modify the apache server's configuration file to listen on a different port (for example 89) and then port forward in the DGND GUI port 89 to the internal IP address of my web server it works fine.  However when I tell apache to listen on port 80 and change the port forwarding on port 80 to go to my apache server's IP address I get nothing and doing a port check tells me that port 80 is closed.  Here's what I know:

- This was working at one point, but isn't now.

- I know my apache server is configured properly because if I'm on the network and open the ip address of my server in a browser on port 80 it works fine.

Here are my questions?

- Is this a known issue?

- Is there a config file in the router firmware that may be blocking port forwards to port 80?

- Is there any other troubleshooting I can do here?  It doesn't make sense to me that this was working and is now no longer working.

- Are there other services that need to be turned on that I'm not aware of?

Message 806 of 1,478
CW85
Aspirant

Hi, got sky fibre today and trying to get my 3700 to play nice with it (I don't even have a sky hub) and found this firmware.

Does anyone know if richud's 2015-02-08 firmware should work or do I need the beta firmware? Not having much luck making either work
Message 807 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Got back into it again after a few months break!

New beta for GENIE firmware,  30th Oct 1025

https://mega.nz/#!IV5ngChB!eGH07nruP1Fes-54SGBzl2JI8fcgi4fvzHuhRd7XIJE

My previous beta to this I had up to 70 days before I found a bug with the log viewer (now fixed) that crashed it. So I am pretty happy its essentially stable.

I suggest you have an older firmware handy before flashing to go back to just incase of problems.

(With a bit of luck this may go straight to english without having to change from it being in german first, for new upgraders from non-genie)

Certain things are more tested than others. Appart from the following that I haven't really tested everything should be working ok...

vsftpd and samba have little testing. openvpn, stunnel [for routing inadyn over https] none.

[All my testing is in Chromium browser, so it should work ok in Firefox]

Message 808 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

Gooday @richud, 

Just trying the beta GENIE firmware now, so far so good. It kept all my wireless network names OK, and so far has been pretty stable.

Just a couple of things..

My crontab file is gone, but the info is still there in params, I guess I have to just recreate it in the GUI?

crond_state=1
crond_enable=1
crond_value= XXXXXXX
crontab_state=0
/tmp/var/log # crontab -l
crontab: can't open 'root': No such file or directory

Previous port forwarding setup is not visible, and if I try and set it up, the errror says it already exists. I can see it all in params, hopefully these are the same params it uses. I cant find any tempory ary files where this info is copied, so I may just try clearing the params to see if that works.

/tmp/var/log # param show | grep 8081
inbound_policy_tbl=1;15;8081;0;192.168.0.XXX;8081;8081@1;15;8083;0;192.168.0.YYY;8083;8083@
inbound_record=3@0;0;0;0;0;2@20;8081;8081;8081;8081;9@21;8083;8083;8083;8083;9@
pf_services_tbl=XXXXXXX;-1;8081;8081@YYYYYY;-1;8083;8083@

Thats all I came up with so far, can't test too much or I get yelled at.

Message 809 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@paulmcg

I am guessing you are upgrading from the non-genie ? Did it update and carry on being in english ok?

I changed the variable names for cron to fit in with the new backend so afraid you will just need to re-add them. Each line of the crontab will be cron_$tab1= , cron_$tab2= etc,

Not touched the port forwarding from stock firmware so assuming the way they get stored has changed perhaps as you can alter ports.

I dont use any mappings myself but have just added a test rule, thus

~ # param show inbound
inbound_policy_tbl=
inbound_record=
nat_inbound_filtering=1
~ # param show inbound
inbound_policy_tbl=1;15;9999;10000;192.168.0.66;8888;8889@
inbound_record=2@0;0;0;0;0;2@20;9999;10000;8888;8889;9@
nat_inbound_filtering=1
~ # param show pf_
pf_services_tbl=test;-1;9999;10000;8888;8889@
~ # nat5 agApi_natDumpRuleTbl 0 0 0 0
Trying arg1 function agApi_natDumpRuleTbl
Trying arg2 0
Trying arg3 0
Trying arg4 0
Trying arg5 0

Current time: 129083
 id wif lif          wan_ip          lan_ip        lan_mask fport1 fport2 s_port    time  timeout  type nat prot once resv confl       ForeignIp add_from
------------------------------------------------------------
 10  22   0    92.18.68.166     192.168.0.0   255.255.255.0      0      0      0       0        0     0   1  TCP    0    1     0         0.0.0.0        0
 20  22   0    92.18.68.166    192.168.0.66         0.0.0.0   9999  10000   8888       0        0     0   3  ALL    0    1     0         0.0.0.0        1
 41  22   0    92.18.68.166    192.168.0.93         0.0.0.0   2155      0   2155       0        0     0   2  UDP    0    1     0         0.0.0.0        4
 42  22   0    92.18.68.166    192.168.0.93         0.0.0.0   2155      0   2155       0        0     0   2  TCP    0    1     0         0.0.0.0        4
Total 4 rules.

Loooks like it is there ok, id 20.

FYI ID 10 should always be there if NAT is enabled, 41 and 42 are uPnP added I think from an android tablet.

Ironically one of the next things on my todo list is be able to display whats going on with NAT entries on the GUI, some reverse engineering.

Message 810 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

@richud,

Super work! Yes, it did default to "English". I tried the AnnexB version first and that was a nogo, xDSL wouldn't train. Switched to AnnexA and it trained just fine. Had to manually set Provider to Other and enter my login and password. For some reason only the 5Ghz wireless was active. 2.4Ghz showed as enabled, but network wasn't active. I selected Enable and then also had to respecify "Up to 300Mbps". In Advanced -> Advanced setup -> DNS/DHCP/AdBlock/PXE the "DHCP Range" display box needs to be wider to see the range and lease time. And great work on adding the ability to set DHCP lease times for static and dynamic leases individually! I set lease times and verified that the devices received the lease times that were set in the router.

One thing to note for others reading this is that I'm on CenturyLink (old Qwest) for my ISP.

What great work! Thanks, W3wilkes

Message 811 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

@richud

Yes, it started up in English OK, thanks. 

For the port forwarding, I tried unsuccessfully to use the nat5 agApi_natRuleDel option to delete entries in the table but eventually found that 

# nat5 agApi_natRuleClear 0 0 0 0

got rid of everything but the default entry, so I was able to manually add back the ones I wanted. There was a bit of wierdness with my new entry, the GUI showed duplicates, and the old stuff still there in params. After a reboot the GUI entry was gone, and the old stuff was still there in params. I manually cleared params and added the port forwarding entry back in, and it all looks good now.

I was connecting to the router using routerlogin.net, but I'm getting inconsistent behaviour, using Chrome(Mac), sometimes getting spinning pinwheels on pages, like it is going through an additional frameset ot something. If I login via the local IP its very quick.

Also noticed my timezone settings did not survive the reboot, had to reset it in the GUI and double check on the command line.

Had the same issues with the 2.4 Ghz wireless, setting the speed to 300 seems to have fixed it. Still cannot get one device (ip camera) to connect.

Telnet daemon keeps dying.

Haven't looked at cron yet.

Can't do any more reboots just yet, boss is back.

All in all its looking very good apart from these very minor issues. Thanks.

Message 812 of 1,478
stick50jr
Aspirant

Welcome back Richard:)

Message 813 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@w3lkes: cool - I think there is something rather buggy with the wifi settings/gui in original firmware, I had a look at unpicking their HTML/JS it but its horrible so I didn't!
I agree a lot of the settings boxes are too small, that is on my todo list!

@Paul: altering things directly via the libnat.so library will have cleared the rules from 'reality' but not the nvram settings, so not surprised it confused the web interface 🙂
Thanks for fiddling though , I just had someone else having same trouble I can now tell them what to do. Will try and add all that to interface.

There is a daemon that runs (dnsRedirectReplyd) that intercepts dns requests to routerlogin.net and some other addresses.
I have an idea what the cause may be but its a bit hard to explain fully. I will have a look tonight. [I always use IP so not noticed]

Will look at timezone problem, maybe simple typo, should set same nvram paramter TZ_sting, I guess mine stayed set from previous.

Telnet is ok for me, have you reset defaults on that page? My ps is

580 root 1612 S N /usr/sbin/telnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 -b 192.168.0.1

The defaults are in /etc like /etc/telnetd.core.config, these have same names as the html.

(Cron is also ok for me)

@stick50jrthanks 🙂

Message 814 of 1,478
ittroll
Apprentice

Is this firmware working OK with TalkTalk VDSL now? I know this was being worked on previously but I just wondered what the latest is and if it is working what the performance is like.

I am deciding whether to go for TalkTalk or BT as a fibre ISP. And also whether I can stick with the 3700 or need to be looking at the D7000. The trouble is the D7000 doesn't have custom DDNS which is what brought me to this firmware in the first place.

Message 815 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@ittroll working on TT VDSL since December 2014

Message 816 of 1,478
ittroll
Apprentice

Thanks. How is the performance compared to the standard TT modem? Could you share what settings are required.

Message 817 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

FYI... A couple of things to watch for.

1- Whenever you reboot the router you will need to go to Wireless and click the Apply button. I find that on boot the 2.4Ghz radio doesn't turn on until you click Apply.

2- You may encounter this if your screen resolution isn't sufficient. In Advanced -> Advanced Setup I cannot see or scroll to all the settings. I must go into my Chrome settings and change the Zoom level to expose all the settings.

Message 818 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

@w3wilkes

Yes, definitely need to hit Apply in Wireless Setup, and it HAS to be set to 300 mbps.

Tried some stuff on the command line, e.g. 'pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd' also using @reboot in cron, but the 2.4 ghz never came on till I went in and hit the Apply button. 

I also solved why my old wireless IP camera wouldn't connect. Had recently changed to channel 12, but the camera only supports up to channel 11 (U.S.?)

@richud

Looks like my time zone settings are holding OK after a reboot, managed to get a couple of them in while the boss was down at the TAB having a punt on the Melbourne Cup!

Telnet still dies when I try to open more than one login, maybe thats normal. I'm just using ssh for now.

Settings for telnet are identical, e.g.

589 root 1608 S N /usr/sbin/telnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 -b 192.168.0.1

Message 819 of 1,478
ittroll
Apprentice

Could you share what settings are required.

Apologies, RTFM. All the required settings are on the wiki. Smiley Embarassed

Message 820 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@ittroll: cool:)

@paulmcg
I have a cron script that starts and stops the wireless everyday and never had a problem with it on 2.4 or 5Ghz. Bit strange...

/etc/default # crontab -l
15 23 * * * param set wla_wlanstate=Disable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Disable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd
20 6 * * * param set wla_wlanstate=Enable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Enable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd
00 22 * * * /etc/init.d/transmission.sh stop;/etc/init.d/automatic.sh stop
00 09 * * * /etc/init.d/transmission.sh start;/etc/init.d/automatic.sh start

There is a script to reset wifi to defaults if you want;
reset-wifi.sh (in /etc/default/), you can look at the contents of the two config files in there to see the defaults, I think the first half dozen or so lines are probably the most important.

If you can look at your settings and work out what is different/wrong or getting set wrongly by the interface I will endeavor to fix it in the firmware.
param show wla and wlg will show you the 2.4 and 5 settings you have currently.

telnetd should take two connections as two tty entries in /dev, not sure why it dies on a third though, maybe is expects more, busybox bug?

Had a look at your routerlogin.net problem, its what I thought in so much as new stuff uses cross-side scripting for the ajax functioning and you can only specify one hostname (which I am using the IP). Not really an easy way around it.
I am inclined to remove that daemon that lets it resolve , stop any confusion , and save a bit of cpu. Were you using it out of habit or for a specific reason? [to be honest I thought I removed it ages ago!]

Message 821 of 1,478
PeterMac83
Aspirant

Hello, I have DGND 3700 v1 with orginal firmware and now I changed my internet for VDSL Neostrada Orange 80Mbit (Poland) so I need VDSL support. Please tell me what firmware will be the best option for me which one you recomended ? I do not need extra feautures priorty is stability and VDSL support. 

Message 822 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

You will probably be more comfortable with the original Richud firmware, the most recent version is dated 2015-02-08. It uses the same basic user interface as the original Netgear DGND3700v1 firmware. Both Richuds original and new firmware support VDSL for the DGND3700v1. The newer Richud firmware is based on the DGND3800 which I believe was a German only version (hardware is identical to DGND3700v1)  to support Telekom VDSL in that country. The biggest difference between the 2 Richud versions is the new version's UI is Netgear Genie based. The other thing to be aware of with the original firmware (and maybe the new firmware) is that you really need to use Chrome or Firefox browsers, some things just don't work when using IE.

Message 823 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

@richud,

Could the problem with the 2.4 be the first line in the wla.default.config file?

/etc/default # cat wla.default.config
wla_acl=Disable
wla_ssid=netgear
wla_region=5
wla_secu_type=WPA2-PSK
wla_channel=11

the wla_acl=Disable is not in the wlg.default.config file, the first line in wlg... is

wlg_ssid=netgear

This is from my untrained eye

Message 824 of 1,478
PeterMac83
Aspirant

w3wilkes - thank You very much for answer soon I will flash to this firmware, now I little scare beacuse if something go wrong I will be without any modem 🙂 so I have to wait for modem/router Funbox from my internet provider "Orange" 🙂

Also I'd like to ask when I will flash to this firmware from Richud can be possible to return to orginal Netgear firmware ? current I use orginal firmware v.1.0.0.17

Message 825 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7