Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

JediNite
Tutor

@w3wilkes wrote:

Up and running on 12/04 just fine. As you said I had to re-establish PF, but they were retained just fine on reboot. 

@richud - I had the same outcome as w3wilkes... Excellent job as always!!!

Message 901 of 1,478
PeterMac83
Aspirant

@richud- if I will want to share something from my pendrive someone and this person will enter by STFP protocol to my router and will accidentally remove all firmware root folders files Smiley Happy thats will be bad I think ?

How can I share secure files through internet directly to /media folder ?

Message 902 of 1,478
ittroll
Apprentice

@richud wrote:

re-enable same SSID for 2 and 5ghz

Many thanks. I updated and can confirm that it no longer complains about using the same SSID.

Message 903 of 1,478
iFuSiiOnzZ
Aspirant

I confirm samba works perfectly Smiley Happy

Message 904 of 1,478
stick50jr
Aspirant

@richud I've been using your genie firmware with ADSL2+ Annex M on my 3700v1 here in Adelaide, Australia and it works well.  Thank you for your efforts. 

Last week I upgraded my internet service to 'fibre to the home' and hope to use the 3700v1 WAN port fed from the fibre optic cable modem.  However,

I am unable to get the WAN port working as a WAN port.  Has anyone used the current firmware in this mode? (maybe I'm doing something wrong).  The settings I tried kept jumping back each time I clicked 'apply'.

Message 905 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

@stick50jr, If you really mean use the WAN RJ45 port as a LAN port. This works fine for me on the most recent, -1 and -2 versions of the firmware. Did you go to Advanced -> Advanced Setup 2 -> WAN Port To LAN and have the boxes checked? Don't know if it's needed, but I also did this - Advanced -> Setup -> WAN Setup and set WAN Preference to Must use DSL WAN.

Message 906 of 1,478
stick50jr
Aspirant

@w3wilkes thanks for your interest.  No, I want to use the WAN port as it was originally intended, ie as a WAN port to access the internet rather than the embedded ADSL modem.  My new fibre optic cable modem provides access to the internet and I want this to come into the WAN port of the 3700v1 and allow it to provide access to the LAN and WLAN.

So I am trying to simply disable ADSL and use RJ45 WAN port instead.  The separate cable modem (ISP owned and configured device) provides a static IPv4 address on the internet to the WAN port of any router.  I have it working on a Netgear DEVG2020 (also Genie interface) via the WAN (RJ45) port with ADSL disabled,  However, I would like to have access to all the other goodies that Richud provides:)

So in Advanced Setup 2 the WAN to LAN is unchecked which appears to be default and appropriate for my purpose.  And similarly I want it to use the WAN port with ethernet RJ45 (ie not DSL).

Message 907 of 1,478
Aisacehyh
Aspirant

@richudI've been using your firmware DGND3800_AnnexA_2015-12-04_D.chk on my 3800B , but it can't work, the router always reboot on the power on.How can i solve it.

Message 908 of 1,478
Aisacehyh
Aspirant

@richud

the error:

===>brcm_board_init: GPIO->GPIOMode=0x1f0003
Serial: BCM63XX driver $Revision: 3.00 $
ttyS0 at MMIO 0xb0000100 (irq = 10) is a BCM63XX
ttyS1 at MMIO 0xb0000120 (irq = 11) is a BCM63XX
bcmxtmrt: Broadcom BCM6368B2 ATM/PTM Network Device v0.3 Dec 4 2015 11:54:54
netem: version 1.2
u32 classifier
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 10
6WIND/LSIIT IPv6 multicast forwarding 0.1 plus PIM-SM/SSM with *BSD API
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
sit0: Disabled Privacy Extensions
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Initializing MCPD Module
802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8 Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>
All bugs added by David S. Miller <davem@redhat.com>
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 2

EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock
EXT4-fs: unable to read superblock
EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0
SQUASHFS error: sb_bread failed reading block 0x0
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0
FAT: unable to read boot sector
VFS: Cannot open root device "31:0" or unknown-block(31,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(31,0)
Rebooting in 1 seconds..
****** DDR->DSLCorePhaseCntl=0 ******

Message 909 of 1,478
stick50jr
Aspirant

@richud I tried letting the 3700v1 autodetect the WAN connection and it did partially... it prompted for a username & password and then refused any attempt to continue.   Some further research leads me to believe that this behaviour is appropriate for PPPoE (requiring username & password).  However, my service is 'IPoE' or 'Dynamic IP' which does not require username or password.  My other router that connects correctly does so without username or password... it is a NETGEAR DEVG2020 and I selected 'WAN Uplink Mode'...it then just accepts an internet IPv4 WAN address from the fibre cable modem (which presumably is already authenticating/logging in to the provider).

So it is possible the 3700v1 firmwares never supported this so called 'WAN Uplink Mode'....

Message 910 of 1,478
JediNite
Tutor

@stick50jr wrote:

@richud I tried letting the 3700v1 autodetect the WAN connection and it did partially... it prompted for a username & password and then refused any attempt to continue.   Some further research leads me to believe that this behaviour is appropriate for PPPoE (requiring username & password).  However, my service is 'IPoE' or 'Dynamic IP' which does not require username or password.  My other router that connects correctly does so without username or password... it is a NETGEAR DEVG2020 and I selected 'WAN Uplink Mode'...it then just accepts an internet IPv4 WAN address from the fibre cable modem (which presumably is already authenticating/logging in to the provider).

So it is possible the 3700v1 firmwares never supported this so called 'WAN Uplink Mode'....

@stick50jr is it possible that the MAC Address of the WAN port on your existing router is what is passed up to your ISP and the authentication / IP allocation is done based on that ?

So when you put a different router in it's place with a different MAC Address it does not authenticate it because the MAC Address is unrecognized...  Might be worth talking to your ISP and asking them about it and see if this is the case and provide them with the MAC Address of the new router..  

The other option might be to see if the WAN MAC Address on the DGND3700 router could be spoofed into thinking it was the MAC Address of your other routers WAN port.

Other alternative might be to see if the router that is connected currently can operate in some sort of "Bridged" mode so it manages all the authentication side of things and then you can plug in the DGND3700 in behind it..

Cheers,

JediNite

Message 911 of 1,478
stick50jr
Aspirant

@JediNite Thanks for your suggestions.  It doesn't care about router MAC addresses but I will check out using both routers with the first in bridged mode...

Message 912 of 1,478
stick50jr
Aspirant

@richud I've succeeded in setting up WAN with IPoE!!!  It didn't show this option until I had done a factory reset.

I selected 'must use ethernet WAN' and WAN2 with IPoE before WAN cable was connected.  I then rebooted, then connected the cable again and rebooted.  It seems a bit odd to have to follow this approach:)  Curiously, the WAN2 option is not shown once a cable is connected to the WAN port and even when this configuration is working it shows a blank in place of 'WAN2'.  On the Internet status page and elsewhere, there is no indication of the actual WAN IP... just 0.0.0.0   Anyhow, it is now working...  thankyou for your efforts.

Message 913 of 1,478
Even_Loonger
Aspirant

Cant create a ext3 via telnet, with old firmware and busybox 1.23.0 no problems, now it gets stuck at the mke2fs command, can someone help me out? Greers Phil
Message 914 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@Even_Loonger - yes you are right , strange. Just updated e2fsprogs and same problem , and same also with tune2fs, although thinks like blkid work ok (part of e2fsprogs) - will have a fiddle about more later. I guess if you haven't already you will just have to format drive from a Live linux distro.
Message 915 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@Aisacehyh sorry missed your post - can you try reflashing it, looks like it didn't flash properly perhaps.  (Look at De-Brick page)

Message 916 of 1,478
jackal992
Aspirant

Hi! I'm using the last version of the genie firmware (2015-12-4) and everything seems working fine except for the remote management. I can't access the control page of the router remotely, but for instance I can access the control page of the transmission daemon.

I'm using the remote management togheter with dynamic dns (noip). Basically if I type mynoip.ddns.net it doesn't work, not even if I type mynoip.ddns.net:8080 and not even if I type the ip shown in the remote management page https://*.*.*.*:8080. But if I type mynoip:ddns.net:9091 I can access the control page for the built-in transmission client. Of course I turned on the remote management and set "everyone" as allowed machines, the port is 8080.

What should I do according to you?

Thank you very much!

Message 917 of 1,478
PeterMac83
Aspirant

Message 918 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@jackal992 I am not sure why it doesnt work for you, but I would not open up the web interface to the inernet!!
If you need to access it remotely I suggest you tunnel it via SSH instead which is more secure.
I.e. enable SSH on router then create a tunnel on your client to the router - I think if you are a windows user Putty can do this.
You then connect to your localhost on your tunneled port in your clients web browser.

@PeterMac83 SFTP is simplest , FTPS is more customisable and can specify a different root folder. You cant delete things from the firmware.
Message 919 of 1,478
PeterMac83
Aspirant

Thank you richud for answer, I asked because I connected through SFTP and see all root router files and scared to not delete any Smiley LOL

Today I connected my printer to router and configured it as network printer in my wireless devices and now I can print from all of them, I'm very happy, thank you for adding p910nd, great firmware, great work Smiley Very Happy

Message 920 of 1,478
JediNite
Tutor

Hi all,

I am wondering what level of VLAN support is available on the router with the latest firmware ?  My kids are chocking up a lot of Internet usage and want to try and monitor this a bit better.  My plan is to have the wireless networks and one ethernet port on one vlan and this connected to a firewall / secondary router with better logging and monitoring (pfSense perhaps on a VM).  The remaining interfaces can then all be allocated to the remaining vlan.  It might also be possible to acheive something like this with multiple Bridge interfaces perhaps depedning on if the linux kernel is set up not auto-route the interfaces...

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!!!

Cheers,

JediNite

Message 921 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@PeterMac83 cool 🙂

@JediNite there is soft vlan support in the switch but you will have to work out how to use it (echo the control bytes to /proc/switch53115 ) - not for feint hearted!
The firmware has miniSNMP so you can monitor traffic on any network port to an SNMP client - or for overview Administration Logs > Live Network States > Traffic Stats.
Or you could add some custom options to dnsmasq config and block dns resolution for facebook 🙂
Message 922 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

..which reminds me - is anyone else other than me using the Adblocking on this firmware (bottom of the DNSmasq page)?
I think its possibly its most useful feature and no one ever commented on it 🙂 Makes browsing on lots of sites much faster without the ads!
Message 923 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I used the ad blocking for a while in back in the old firmware. The boss (wife) complained that she wasn't seeing "all the stuff" that she used to and wanted it all back. I thought it was great, but what did I know? Smiley Frustrated

Message 924 of 1,478
JediNite
Tutor

@richud wrote:

The firmware has miniSNMP so you can monitor traffic on any network port to an SNMP client - or for overview Administration Logs > Live Network States > Traffic Stats.
Or you could add some custom options to dnsmasq config and block dns resolution for facebook 🙂

@richud I used to run some software to query the SNMP, but could only get traffic stats on the br0 interface or the ADSL interfaces.  It was not granular enough to give me usage details per IP Address unfortunately.  As for blocking sites via dns resolution, there are other members of the household that use youtube and facebook, etc legitimately and don't want to break that...

If it wasn't for the wireless connection on the router, I would probably consider putting the router into bridge mode (would lose all the nice features of your firmware in the process 😞 ) and just use a pfsense instance to manage the internet connection, but unfortunately not practical to do so...

Cheers,

JediNite

Message 925 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7