Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Any NZ users running Genie version successfully on Spark Fibre?

w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Yes, that same port check box is in the Genie version of the software.

Message 1301 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

I can't install the Genie version as it doesn't allow me to enter the correct information for Sky Fibre. I'm on the non Genie version and in the port forwarding/port triggering section that only gives me options to enter Service Name, Service Type, Start Port, End Port and Server IP. Plex provide a link to PortForward.com and the instructions there say that Start and End Ports have to be 32400. I can't set it a different end port as Plex randomly changes it throughout the day or whenever the Plex Media Server software restarts. PC is not switched off unless required.
Message 1302 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Just to update dnsmasq after recent CVE's, (and openssh/openssl), df size reporting in busybox also fixed thanks to Jewlie finding commit I reversed.

https://mega.nz/#!ZUIikagL!tPNiNlHXrXHlxmLV7JKmZcHP4hknjSkNIyv900bqnrI

typhoon: in plex -> tick  'manually specify public port', port set to 32400  >  in port formwarding (on non-genie) just set port 32400  and the IP of your lan server, shouldnt have any problems.

Model: DGND3700v1|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1303 of 1,478
jewelie
Aspirant

Thank you, Rich.  🙂  xxx

Message 1304 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Thanks @richud. Up and running for 1.5 days with no issue. 

Message 1305 of 1,478
ittroll
Apprentice

Many thanks for your continued work on this. The only time my router goes down is when I update the firmware!

Message 1306 of 1,478
Naa2
Aspirant

WPA2 critically compromised

"WPA2 Going the Way of WEP After Wi-Fi Researchers Find Critical Flaw"

The WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access II) protocol that’s used by most Wi-Fi networks today has been compromised, and a way to intercept traffic between computers, phones, and access points has been found.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/wpa2-wi-fi-security-compromised-leaving-network-open-to-attackers-518...

Bummer 😞

Message 1307 of 1,478
ittroll
Apprentice

Re: WPA2 critically compromised

Hopefully richud can work his magic once patches are available. We are probably in a better place than many others using routers which will never receive an update.

Message 1308 of 1,478
jewelie
Aspirant

Fortunately it looks like the fix is in small and simple patch to regular, open source software:wpa_supplicant, rather than in binary blobs. See https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/commit/ If DGND3700 uses this then we should be in luck.
Message 1309 of 1,478
jewelie
Aspirant

Urgh. Can't see wpa_supplicant. Might be a binary blob. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Message 1310 of 1,478
jewelie
Aspirant

Been reading up further. If I understand things properly-

The good news:
The router should be fine unless it's being used in wireless bridge mode.

The really bad news:
This vulnerability is in WiFi clients, not WiFi access points. All those Android phones and tablets, IoT devices, that'll probably never get a patch... yeah, those.

The not so bad news:
If you force WPA2-AES then the worst an attacker can do is spy on your communications, not join your local network or forge packets. Yeah, "only" spy on you.
Message 1311 of 1,478
ittroll
Apprentice

The vulnerability is in the handshake so surely it is best to patch both sides? A few routers have already received updates, including some Netgear ones.

Edit: Netgear are saying the same; only affects bridge mode.

https://kb.netgear.com/000049498/Security-Advisory-for-WPA-2-Vulnerabilities-PSV-2017-2826-PSV-2017-...

Windows patch was released last week. iOS update is currently in beta.

Message 1312 of 1,478

that is why I prefer to have all my back bone wired!!!

Wifi has always been the weakest point!

Message 1313 of 1,478

Which genie are we talking about here? Desktop? Browser? Mobile?

Message 1314 of 1,478
antantnz
Aspirant

Sorry talking about the DGND3700 V1 Transmission Firmware - DGND3700v1/3800 GENIE Firmware 2017-10-06

Oops, tried it edit title of original post and it vanished ... here it is ... 

Hi all,

I've been running the last legacy version (2015-02-08) of the software for a couple of years in NZ on Spark Fibre. Generally been pretty solid, but a couple of disconnections lately so thought I would try to update to the latest Genie version and I just can't get it to connect. (i.e. DGND3700 V1 Transmission Firmware - DGND3700v1/3800 GENIE Firmware 2017-10-06)

In NZ on the Spark Fibre network.

If I upgrade to the latest Genie version, it remembers all the settings, but it just won't connect to the internet. If I roll back to the 2015-02-08 version it once again connects straight away based on those remembered settings. Roll forward to Genie - won't connect. Roll back again to legacy - connects straight away. etc etc. Have checked all the possible settings that I believe could impact it.

Don't believe it's the same issue as the Sky Fibre one, as all spark need is a user / pass combination - it doesn't need to be correct as such. 

Not a major (afterall I can still connect with the legacy firmware), but just wondering if any other NZers on Spark fibre or similar have got the Genie version working and if so what I'm missing? 

Thanks!

Ant 

Message 1315 of 1,478

I still don't understand this. Firmware has nothing to do with Genies. (And vice versa.) They are ways of getting into your device to do things, including updating the firmware.

The latest firmware for the DGND3700 V1 is Version 1.0.0.17 "(North America only)".

If this is some sort home rolled third party firmware, then you may get better answers if you talk to whoever cooked it up.

Message 1316 of 1,478
antantnz
Aspirant

Yes this is a third party / custom firmware, hence posting in the discussion about it ... here genie is referring to the prettier version of the interface, versus the older legacy version ... thanks for looking ... will wait and see what they come back with. 

Message 1317 of 1,478

Sorry, I'd lost track of the fact that this is a discussion that has been going on for some years. There usually isn't much discussion here of third party firmware. It seems to go on elsewhere.
Message 1318 of 1,478
Buckchoi
Guide

Spark VDSL works fine with the latest Genie firmware. Try a paper clip reset and input the settings from scratch.
Message 1319 of 1,478
ascorp
Aspirant

Hi, 

First of all, great thanks for that work ! 

I'm using the latest version 2017-10-06 on DGND3800 annex A, and i have litle problem transmission, when i do restart a router the settings of transmission ar deflaut, every time I restart, I turn the router off and on i must set everything on transmission menu... why ? What i do wrong ? And everything else works ok.

Message 1320 of 1,478
Naa2
Aspirant

Python?

Hi Richud, could you please include Python with the build?  I would like to run KRACK Detector and some of my own scripts.  Python is a very useful and powerful administrative language.

Message 1321 of 1,478
jmchisel
Aspirant

CORS issue on Advanced Setup 2 pages

Hi Rich and let me add my thanks for all your work giving the 3700v1 such a great lease on life.

I'm using the latest (2017-10-06_3.1.22) firmware and have noticed that in the web interfaces, pages in the Advanced Setup 2 are forever showing the loading spinner, and, far more critically, not populating the fields in each form.

This is due to Chrome (and Firefox, indeed all modern browsers) preventing the cross-origin request to http://router:81/cgi-bin/dgnd.cgi from http://router that these pages make.

The workaround was to install a Chrome extension ("Moesif CORS" worked for me) and configure it to allow origin http://router:81/*

It would be great if you could patch the firmware so that the server on port 81 includes the necessary CORS header(s), but in the meantime, hopefully this post helps others who are having trouble with getting these Advanced Setup 2 pages to work!

Cheers

Message 1322 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Re: CORS issue on Advanced Setup 2 pages

jmchisel: try using routerlogin.com / routerlogin.net or the routers IP, just using 'router' won't work.

Message 1323 of 1,478
marcoaltomonte
Aspirant

Rif.: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

I would like to execute an SH script just one time. I tried to use the @reboot in the cron config page but without success. I succeded by launching it everyminute and ignoring the following execution instances (this is obviously not optimal, it's just to say that the sh script is working correctly with * * * * settings). Thanks!

Message 1324 of 1,478
toivo
Aspirant

Hi,

I am trying to use my old DGND3700v1 with the latest modified firmware 2017-10-06 on Australia NBN TPG...

I have FTTN (copper to premises)...

Can not find any software switch to turn on SRA and G.INP!

Also I need PPPoE over ATM not Ethernet what should I do?

It has only settings for PPPoE over Ethernet...

Thank you in advance!

Model: DGND3700|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1325 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7