Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

w3wilkes
Prodigy

SRA & G.INP can be found @

Advanced tab -> Advanced setup 2 -> Advanced xDSL Settings.

To set Transfer Mode to ATM;

Advanced tab -> Setup -> ADSL Settings -> Transfer Mode - Set drop down to ATM (for VDSL you may need this set to PTM)

Message 1326 of 1,478
toivo
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the advice!

Model: DGND3700v1|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1327 of 1,478
aidarin
Aspirant

Hi richud!
From the last firmware you downloaded directly from the router, i'm upgraded to another firmware from openwrt @ in order to familiarize yourself with other 3rd party firmware!
In the end, I'm a brick my router, and no starting router!
I read your actions to restore the router on the wiki, collected usb-ttl, entered CFE> via the "Putty" command via the standard command tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT C: /DGND3700-V1.0.0.17.chk in WIN7x64 sent the firmware to the router, everything was sewn ...
After the launch of the router, the DSL-light blinks, but does not connect to the Internet, all the settings entered correctly on router!
I noticed one moment in the web interface of the router: ADSL firmware - ".24h" unknown version! I think the whole problem is just this, but how do I restore the latest version of A2pv6C039t again? Thanks!

Message 1328 of 1,478
aidarin
Aspirant

Really no one is able to tell how to fix ADSL firmware to the latest version? I can not find an explanatory instruction how this all gets corrected!
When the router was bricked i'm additionally made CPU-mod 533Hz maybe because of that this firmware is not correctly installed?

Безымянный.png

Message 1329 of 1,478
jewelie
Aspirant

Hi

Christmas and New Year are big holidays in UK.  Time of year for spending time with family here.  Wrong time of year to expect fast replies!

Julie

x

Message 1330 of 1,478
mauriva
Guide

Rif.: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Hi!

I'm on the latest 2017-10-06 firmware version on my DGND3700v1.

Connected to ADSL Infostrada here in Italy all seems well configured, but it doesn't works always...

Connected with a ethernet cable to the router there is only one computer from wich I do all configurations and settings.

I don't know if this only a coincidence, but when the computer is powered on, the 3700 seems to works well.

When the pc is powered off, after a while, the 3700 disconnect from the internet (there is the red light on) and all the devices connetcted with wifi can not connect to the internet. After I power on the computer, the internet connection comes back.

I tried this twice and really I don't know id is only a coincidence or not: I can't believe that the internet connection is on only with the computer powered on!

So I ask here: is a problem with the provider or is a firmware problem?

Message 1331 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

That seems odd! Mine works fine on that same firmware level with no ethernet devices attached. I have several wifi devices and they all still work after uplugging all my ethernet connected devices. I will mention that I have enabled the ethernet WAN connection to be a local LAN connection since I use the DSL RJ11 port for my WAN connection. Good luck on figuring this one out!

Message 1332 of 1,478
Aircomms
Aspirant

Sounds like you have not set the IDLE TIMEOUT to 0 in the DSL settings.

Message 1333 of 1,478
ascorp
Aspirant

Hi, its possible to set dhcp off, make static IP of router, and get internet from LAN to make transmissionbt on ? I cannot turn on internet to transmission.

Message 1334 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

For WAN static IP Advanced tab -> Setup -> Internet Setup

To shut off DHCP Advanced tab -> Setup -> LAN Setup

To turn on Transmission You need to review the info here;

https://www.richud.com/wiki/DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware#Transmission 

Message 1335 of 1,478
aidarin
Aspirant

The problem is solved, thank you all!

Message 1336 of 1,478
HarveyBl
Aspirant

I am trying to set my DGND3700V1 up behind my main Internet router (Draytek). Primarily to act as a Wi-fi Access Point/Ethernet switch.

I want the Draytek to act as the DHCP server not the Netgear.

However, whenever I turn off DHCP on the Netgear my iPhone and iPad fail to connect to the Wi-fi (“No Internet Connection”), my Canon printer connects fine over Wi-fi and ethernet connections are fine as well.

Turning DHCP back on (having disconnected from Draytek to avoid conflicts) resolves the connection problem (even though there is actually no internet connection!) but of course that’s not what I want to do.

Any ideas please, have I missed some other settings somewhere?

Regards,

Message 1337 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Did you specify in Advanced tab -> Setup -> Internet Setup that your Internet connection does NOT require a login? When you select the No option you will then be able to specifiy a static IP for the DGND3700, Subnet Mask and a Gateway IP address (the gateway address would be the LAN IP of your Draytek). I would think you'd also specify the Draytek as the DNS server.

Message 1338 of 1,478
HarveyBl
Aspirant

Thanks, I will give that a try and report back.

It’ll probably be in a couple of days time though.

Message 1339 of 1,478
stewielives
Aspirant

Hi all,

I feel silly asking this question as Richud has already noted what I need to do.

I didn't realise that to forward ports on the Transmission FW, that I had to do it via a UPnP client. I was wondering for so long why my ports weren't forwarding for a few devices.

I'm running the Transmission FW and Windows 10. What do I need to download/do to forward ports for a few devices on my network? (VoIP, security base station etc.)?

Thanks,

Jason

Message 1340 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

You can manually control port forwarding and shut off UPnP with this firmware. To shut off UPnP - Advanced tab -> Advanced setup 1 -> UPnP and uncheck the Turn on box. Then to specifiy your port forwarding configuration - Advanced tab -> Advanced setup 1 -> Port forwarding / Port Triggering and build your port fordwarding configuration. You may need to reboot the router between shuting off UPnP and specifying your port forwarding configuration.

Message 1341 of 1,478
stewielives
Aspirant

Thanks. That makes sense.

Is there any way to run UPnP and standalone port forwarding at the same time?

Message 1342 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Don't know, I've not tried it. You could tell us if it works when you try it. You'd probably want to shut off UPnP, do your port forwarding, then turn UPnP back on. That would avoid getting a port forwarding error that a port is already in use if it's a port that UPnP had grabbed hold of, of course this is just speculation on my part.

Message 1343 of 1,478
HarveyBl
Aspirant

@w3wilkes wrote:

Did you specify in Advanced tab -> Setup -> Internet Setup that your Internet connection does NOT require a login? When you select the No option you will then be able to specifiy a static IP for the DGND3700, Subnet Mask and a Gateway IP address (the gateway address would be the LAN IP of your Draytek). I would think you'd also specify the Draytek as the DNS server.

Have tried that and several variation but it seems to end up totally locking me out of the Netgear. Only solvable by resetting the device and then reloading a backup.

iThanks anyway. 

Message 1344 of 1,478
stewielives
Aspirant

First of all, yes, you can port forward and run UPnP at the same time.

Beyond that, no luck.

UPnP on or off, the log shows external IP requests, and the router allows access to the port/s.

So, the ports have forwarded, even though port forwarding websites, and the key services on the devices themselves cannot access the ports.

There must be something in the FW itself. I've tested the devices on a Netgear DGND4000 and everything works fine.

Message 1345 of 1,478
michbona
Aspirant

Hi, just flashed the  version dated 2017-10-06. I am having trouble connecting to my O2 (Germany) 100mbit VDSL line. Anyone had any success?

(BTW: The line works fine - with another router (93 mbit/s down, 32 mbits/s up - just what the technician said it would be).

Reading through the internet, I found out to set PTM to get VDSL2, VLANid =7 for O2 Germany. However, I get a connection with only about 14 mbit/s down and 2.1 mbit/s up.

Anyone with more success?

Model: DGND3800B|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VDSL2 Modem Router
Message 1346 of 1,478
HarveyBl
Aspirant

I have successfully set up the OpenVPN connection to my DGND3700. 

However, it connects as a 10.8.0.n IP address.

This is fine for accessing the router itself, but I really want to access the LAN behind it.

Is there a parameter that will allow me to connect with a 192.168.1.n address instead?

Message 1347 of 1,478
Buckchoi
Guide

@michbonawrote:

Hi, just flashed the  version dated 2017-10-06. I am having trouble connecting to my O2 (Germany) 100mbit VDSL line. Anyone had any success?

(BTW: The line works fine - with another router (93 mbit/s down, 32 mbits/s up - just what the technician said it would be).

Reading through the internet, I found out to set PTM to get VDSL2, VLANid =7 for O2 Germany. However, I get a connection with only about 14 mbit/s down and 2.1 mbit/s up.

Anyone with more success?

You might require a newer Annex B DSL firmware which supports Vectoring. I have emailed the latest Annex B DSL firmware file to @richud, hopefully he will release an updated firmware build containing this file.

Message 1348 of 1,478

Hi.

I’m hoping someone can give someone much less expert a bit of reassurance about the firmware update process. I have a DGND3700v1, and have noticed that my Chromebook no longer connects to its SMB share, and I’m thinking that it might be to do with the Samba scare a while back, and the router using SMB1 with Chrome OS requiring SMB2+. That led me to stumble on the new and better non-Netgear firmware, and this discussion.

I have updated my firmware before from Netgear, but need a bit of help doing so in this case as follows:

1. I’ve downloaded the tar.xz from https://www.richud.com/wiki/DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware#DOWNLOAD_Multi_DGND3700v1.2F3800_GENIE... onto a W10 machine, but my copy of 7-Zip wouldn’t open it. So I installed and tried 8-Zip Lite which seems to, but in the archive I found four ‘chk’ files instead of the ‘cfg’ I was expecting. As I’m worried about harming my router with firmware that’s either wrong or didn’t download intact, can I ask if ‘DGND3700_AnnexA_2017-10-06_D.chk’ which is 22,852,600 bytes in size, is OK to upload as is (I have a UK 3700V1 )?
  2. I’m presuming the install mechanism is to use the same Router Upgrade web page for this file as I would for a Netgear release?
  3. I have taken a backup of the router's settings. If something were to go badly wrong, is the recovery method to do a factory reset, then an install of the last good Netgear firmware, then a Restore from my backup?

Thanks for your help.

cb

Message 1349 of 1,478

That looks like third party firmware. Netgear doesn't support it and there aren't that many people here who use it.

So you might do better to ask your question in the forums that support these "off piste" offerings.

We do see a steady trickle of questions here from people desperate to know how to get back to the official firmware. Unfortunately, that's another area where there aren't many resident experts.

Maybe you'll be lucky and one of those experts will step in.

Have you tried asking here about the problems you are experiencing?

Message 1350 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7