Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

GForce007
Aspirant

w3wilkes wrote:
When I played with the LuKePicci firmware in the "Porting v3 (NG GENIE) FW on DGND3700v1" thread in this forum I was stuck in German when I tried to back it off. I finally got back to English after jumping through some hoops. Check my post #111 in the other thread, it describes how I finally got back to English. Here's a link to the thread
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=85863

After the upgrade then downgrade, my adsl is not establishing a connection. It shows my sync rate but never actually connects. I am using adsl2+, ptm, 8/35 vpi/vci or whatever with login username/password
Message 751 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

GForce007 wrote:
After the upgrade then downgrade, my adsl is not establishing a connection. It shows my sync rate but never actually connects. I am using adsl2+, ptm, 8/35 vpi/vci or whatever with login username/password

I have repaired my ADSL connection! Holy cow, that took two days to figure out it was my transfer mode, which should have remained set it ATM instead of PTM. I asked the technical support if it should be PTM instead of ATM, and they told me PTM is the correct one to use. Unbelievable, this took so much time.

Unfortunately the latest firmware doesn't work with my ADSL connection, it doesn't even attempt to communicate with my ISP, just remains "disconnected" even though the connection works fine on all the other versions.
Message 752 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

w3wilkes wrote:
When I played with the LuKePicci firmware in the "Porting v3 (NG GENIE) FW on DGND3700v1" thread in this forum I was stuck in German when I tried to back it off. I finally got back to English after jumping through some hoops. Check my post #111 in the other thread, it describes how I finally got back to English. Here's a link to the thread
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=85863

Giant thank you for your help, I followed your steps and was able to restore English to my router. I did a slightly different method which still worked:

Flashed DGND3700-V1.0.0.12_1.0.12.chk
Set up internet & set language to Deutsch from English
Restored defaults
Flashed DGND3700-V1.0.0.17_1.0.17.chk
(At this stage it already went back to English)

Flashed Richud February Release and all good to go!
Message 753 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

quick update, adsl sync issue tested ok last night. I just need to twiddle with a couple of minor things and I will hopefully release an updated beta this evening.

I think I may add an extra reset page of sorts so you can click a button to reset everything to English and one to reset wifi to a sort of default working state. [at least my defaults that seem to work without problems other people seem to be having!]

(What I think happens is the first time you update from 3700>3800, the stringtable is updated/changed and new nvram parameters are set to be 'default' which for the 3800 is German. )
Message 754 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

richud wrote:
quick update, adsl sync issue tested ok last night. I just need to twiddle with a couple of minor things and I will hopefully release an updated beta this evening.

I think I may add an extra reset page of sorts so you can click a button to reset everything to English and one to reset wifi to a sort of default working state. [at least my defaults that seem to work without problems other people seem to be having!]

(What I think happens is the first time you update from 3700>3800, the stringtable is updated/changed and new nvram parameters are set to be 'default' which for the 3800 is German. )

I also had my ADSL connection settings reset when I upgraded to the latest version. Is it possible to retain that information without it being lost? All other settings were fine if I can recall off the top of my head.
Message 755 of 1,478
ax0r7ag0z
Aspirant

ADSL2+ over ISDN here, PPPoE, LLC, VPI 1, VCI 3, Use VLAID unchecked

I have to mention that I restored factory settings before flashing, tried to set everything up but kept failing and then restored the functioning backed up settings from the stock fw and I could sync but not connect. Then I clicked apply in the internet settings menu without changing anything and BOOM! Got sync and connection!

Please feel free to ask me for anything, even remote access if you want 😉

~ # param show atmVcc0_
atmVcc0_dsl_mode=3
atmVcc0_temp_dsl_mode=3
atmVcc0_transfer_mode=ATM
atmVcc0_temp_transfer_mode=ATM
atmVcc0_port=0
atmVcc0_vpi=1
atmVcc0_vci=32
atmVcc0_aal=aal5
atmVcc0_adminStatus=1
atmVcc0_qos=1
atmVcc0_enable=1
atmVcc0_encap=LLC
atmVcc0_multiplex=llcencaps
atmVcc0_tdid=0

~ # param show wan0_
wan0_nat_enable=1
wan0_dns_sel=0
wan0_dns1=62.109.121.1 62.109.121.2
wan0_ifname=atm0
wan0_hwaddr_sel=0
wan0_hwaddr_def=:):):):):):)
wan0_hwaddr2=:):):):):):)
wan0_proto=pppoe
wan0_encapMode=0
wan0_vlan_id=7
wan0_vlan_id_enable=0
wan0_fw_enable=1
wan0_igmp_proxy_enable=1
wan0_enable=1
wan0_proto_enable_0=1
wan0_connId=1
wan0_vccId=0
wan0_ipaddr_old=0.0.0.0

~ # xtmctl operate conn --show
mode portids addr type tdte q_portid q_size q_pri header status
ATM 1 1/32 aal5 2 1 400 0 llcsnap_eth enabled

~ # strings /sbin/acos_service | grep xtm
remove_all_xtm_interfaces
xtm_layer_start
xtmctl operate conn --show >/var/XTM_NetDev
xtmctl operate conn --delete %d.%d.%d
xtmctl operate conn --delete %d.%d
xtm stop
xtm start --rq0 400 --rq1 100
xtm operate intf --state 1 enable
xtm operate intf --state 2 enable
xtm operate tdte --add %s %s
xtm operate tdte --add rtvbr %s %s %s
xtm operate tdte --add nrtvbr %s %s %s
xtm operate tdte --add %s
xtm operate conn --add 1.%s.%s %s %d %s --addq 1.%s.%s 400 0
xtm operate conn --createnetdev 1.%s.%s %s%d
xtm operate conn --add 1.1 0
xtm operate conn --addq 1.1 400 0
xtm operate conn --createnetdev 1.1 atm0
Message 756 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@ax0r: cheers 🙂

new build here

There are now 4 versions as will be apparent when extracting due to finding out the other Annex difference beside the PHY lives in the kernel (included object in it) so cannot swap them on the fly as before.

The default string table is german, it appears when you change language in the web interface it goes online to download the language you select and flashes it to one of the mtd partitions - so as far as I can tell it will only change therefore when you have an internet connection working. I only spent a few minutes looking so that is just a rough outline.

There is also /etc/default/reset-wifi.sh you can run to reset wifi to what my state is that seems to not have problems. I haven't tested it at all though! (Run it from telnet/ssh connect) The BSSID and WPA pass are both 'netgear' when thats been ran.
Message 757 of 1,478
ax0r7ag0z
Aspirant

Flashed your fresh build without clearing anything and it just works!!!

Wifi works as well without doing anything, at least fro now!

Also, you seem to have left some settings for Open VPN in as well, is that
normal or not?
Message 758 of 1,478

Also, ich habe eigentlich keine Worte, aber RICHUD, du bist ein GOTT!
Message 759 of 1,478
Buckchoi
Guide

I updated to the new build and hard reset. DNS is working by default. DNS and telnet are working after rebooting the router. Great!

I still have to run 'wl down' then 'wl up' to get the WiFi to work (but that bug was introduced into 3.0.0.16 by Netgear, not richud).

@richud In the ambitCfg file in the source the language is set to German (#define BUILTIN_LANGUAGE "German"), have you tried changing this to English?
Message 760 of 1,478
rameses
Aspirant

Noob Dynamic DNS settings request

Hi,
I'm having a bit of trouble getting dynamic DNS to work and was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction. I think I've got the settings right but the router isn't updating DynDNS with it's new IP address when it changes. If I change the IP address manually on the DynDNS website it seems to work ok.

Settings I have on the Dynamic DNS page are:

DynDNS Service: dyndns.org
Username: **********@gmail.com (this is what I log into the DynDNS website with)
Password: somethingsuitablydifficult (again same one I use to access DynDNS website)
Alias Hostname: myhostname.dyndns.org

Do I need to complete any of the information in the advanced settings? I've clicked the radio button in Network Services but is there anything else that needs enabling elsewhere in the router's web UI?
Also for my alias hostname should I be including the "dyndns.org" or leave it off?
I tried different combinations of things and rebooted when I've changed them but I can't make it work. I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious.

I've had dynamic DNS working previously on my old Netgear DGN2200 with modfs firmware, which just needed my log in details and hostname, but this has got me stumped.

I'm trying to do this using the router's web interface as I have no idea what to do to use inadyn. I using Windows 8 and Chrome.

Thanks in advance.
Message 761 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Re: Noob Dynamic DNS settings request

@ax0r: openVPN (server) on first run generates all the necessary keys, if you commit nvram before reboot they should all stay saved in nvram, else they will regenerate again. If you delete the CA and apply they will also regenerate. (not written any docs for all of this yet) - in fact openVPN is pretty untested as I have been concentrating on the core stuff. @buckchoi: 1) don't know about the wifi, never been a problem for me - if you set with default settings as described in previous post (/etc/default(/reset-wifi.sh) , and commit settings to nvram and reboot do they work for you without having to change anything? (wla.default.config is text file with 2,4ghz defaults, and wlg_... is 5Ghz) 2) the ambitcfg.h is used building the bits of the firmware they dont provide the source too, httpd etc. so yes it would have done originally, but as they only provide binary blobs afraid it no longer has a function. @rameses: looks about right, are you sure your login is an email address? what shows in the log file for inadyn-mt ?
Message 762 of 1,478
teros
Aspirant

Anyone having issues with the Transmission page and running transmission?

After the upgrade Transmission won't start i can start it from the CLI with the --configdir option and setting the port. Also the Transmission page doesn't seem to load properly in chrome it looks like it continually loads no luck after you edit the page.

The openvpn part looks sweet especially the client mode...Will need to play around see what's available to only forward bt traffic to the vpn...
Message 763 of 1,478
rameses
Aspirant

Hi, I've double checked the settings and changed my user name so it doesn't include "@gmail.com". This didn't make any difference and, on checking, I can log in to the DynDNS website with this.

Here's a copy of the log file

log file
Message 764 of 1,478
rameses
Aspirant

I've noticed on the log file all the times are an hour behind, could this be an issue and if so how do I change the time?
Message 765 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@teros: transmission is ok for me at least (All development is in Chrome). If your USB drive structure is the same as before it should just work without needing to change anything. Please make sure you are logged in properly to the Netgear GUI as the timeout is quite short and the menus continue to 'apparently' function even when it has actually logged you out [as most things work on the client side without talking back to the webserver].It catches me out a lot too.
Also try doing 'reset defaults' when you are definitely logged in, which will just reset tbt settings. If your usb drive is ok with a transmissionbt folder , 'show/hide' settings should then reflect the defaults you just set (config file is generated on the usb drive in that folder).
Hope that makes sense.

@rameses: log is saying you have set the wrong credentials or wrong alias. Could I suggest you update firmware to latest beta as that is what I am now running and can help you better. The timezone setting will set your clock correctly.
Message 766 of 1,478
teros
Aspirant

@Richud had a play looks like it's the settings.json on the drive had an issue with a setting or something....Weird thing is it continually overwrites whatever settings i put in the config file now. and the user/pass has changed i have no idea what the user pass is i've never set it as this before.

nfi since it isn't my usual pass and no idea what it is
"rpc-password": "{46e6779e587516361827a9e67442ebfe874d83d90MUbdI9t",

i usually set this as admin for sanity.
"rpc-username": "tbtuser"

Reverting back to the old firmware it works perfectly. Just weird the above.

With the Transmissionbt settings on the router all i get is a loading circle no settings are populated.
Message 767 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@teros: it creates settings.json from nvram settings when tbt starts. (old firmware didn't, reason being people generally were requesting they could configure it from the web interface.) The password is stored hashed in settings.json, but plain text in nvram.
Do the defaults load for other things or just not for tbt?
If you click somewhere on the settings page and do 'Inspect Element' in Chrome, do any errors show up in the console window?
Message 768 of 1,478
teros
Aspirant

@Richud

Yep looks like it's hardcoded for 192.168.0.1 ? I'm on 192.168.1.1

http://192.168.0.1:81/cgi-bin/dgnd.cgi Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
ajax.js:7 POST http://192.168.0.1:81/cgi-bin/dgnd.cgi net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUTajax @ ajax.js:7onclick @ transmission.htm:46
ajax.js:7 POST http://192.168.0.1:81/cgi-bin/dgnd.cgi
net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Since the settings are in NVRAM any other way to customize the web interface is fine but having the drop down's etc. doesn't allow much customization. Especially for playing around with upspeeds etc.
Message 769 of 1,478
Aircomms
Aspirant

Beta / 2015-05-21_3.0.16

Using BETA / 2015-05-21_3.0.16

I have found I am unable to change anything in the Advanded xDSL settings.

Also what is the excate difference between Annex A and B?
Message 770 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Re: Beta / 2015-05-21_3.0.16

@teros, oops yes had left IP hardcoded in the JS, fixed. Let me know what extra config options you want on web GUI and I will add them too.
Message 771 of 1,478
WizP
Aspirant

I was wondering if it's possible to add the option to manually change the wifi TX power rather than depend on the regional settings?
Message 772 of 1,478
teros
Aspirant

Re: Beta / 2015-05-21_3.0.16

richud wrote:
@teros, oops yes had left IP hardcoded in the JS, fixed. Let me know what extra config options you want on web GUI and I will add them too.

Would be just instead of drop downs just have an area to enter in the options? Also user/pass can that be configurable?

Once it's released with the transmission settings will have a play with the VPN in client mode. Since IPTABLES isn't available will need to figure someway to have that traffic flick via the VPN. Issue atm in AUS is were getting Dallas Buyer club fines coming around soon so will be easier to trunk the traffic out. Or just have a 2k8 box do it.
Message 773 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

Hiya Richud,

I have tested your latest firmware. Works great man, adsl synced up fine (after changing PTM to ATM, etc) I gained around 200kbps on my download sync rate as well, which is a bonus.

Wifi, DNS everything seems to be working out of the box without having to stop/start anything, beautiful. Thanks boss.
Message 774 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

Actually, it seems that wifi doesn't automatically turn on when the router is started, 5GHz turns on fine, however 2.4GHz doesn't enable itself. I had to go into wifi settings and click apply which restarted the wifi service and now works fine.
Message 775 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7