Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New firmware with built in Torrent Client

mistrzmalarstwa
Aspirant

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

I prepared with problems movie how to get ready pendrive under windows xp/ and xp< and how to enter in console mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctMLMLHNbgA

might be useful for end users
Message 76 of 1,478
robi69
Aspirant

@richud

Thanks for your work.
Message 77 of 1,478
gxrino
Aspirant

@richud

First of all: THANKS for your great job! 😉

Do you think it will be possible to integrate the code of NO-IP DUC (Dynamic Update Client) DDNS client in your custom firmware?
Linux Source code can be downloaded from HERE.

Having DynDNS client as the ONLY choice for this service seems to me a big restriction 😞
Message 78 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@gxrino, thanks! - the link you gave unfortunately doesn't have any source it in, just precompiled binaries for wrong CPU architecture (this router is MIPS). However after looking around I came upon something called inadyn which covers pretty much all the ddns services. I have added it to a new firmware for you to test please?

https://mega.co.nz/#!wIgkwR4Y!ZZHnMy2HXHD49DTCb-xnOAFiBVMtloX9vMAE7n7Aa6w

Afraid there is no web interface for this, so you will need to telnet/ssh into your router and set the details into the NVRAM - the upside of this method is you aren't limited to some boxes , there are lots of things you can change from the defaults.

This is an example , you will need to change your USERNAME YOURPASSWORD, the alias (gxrino.no-ip.biz in this example) and the dyndns system you are using (no-ip in this example) - you will have to look at the docs to figure this out.

~ # param set inadyn_value="-u YOURUSER -p YOURPASSWORD -a gxrino.no-ip.biz --dyndns_system default@no-ip.com"
~ # param show inadyn_value
inadyn_value=-u YOURUSER -p YOURPASSWORD -a gxrino.no-ip.biz --dyndns_system default@no-ip.com
~ # param save

param set , sets the value, show just shows it set ok, save saves it to the router.

then flash firmware

when it reboots - if it sees 'inadyn_value' is set to something it will try and do it, otherwise it will ignore it. (it does this after starting ssh/telnet so if you manage to break it somehow you should be able to get in and fix it)

it will log to /var/log/messages

If you get stuck suggest reading this I just found;
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=55796

Turns out dd-wrt use inadyn too 🙂 , you may need to add some extra bits to get it working, like --ip_server_name

I will let you fiddle with it as I am away until next week and just wanted to get something done quickly.
Message 79 of 1,478
gxrino
Aspirant

Wow richud, at the light speed! :eek:
Sorry for the useless link ( i didn't drilled it down enough ) :rolleyes:
I will test your new firmware ASAP and, obviously, i will let you know how it performs.
Thanks again for your precious job 😉
Message 80 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

more haste less speed - turns out inadyn segfaults without /etc/hosts being present for some strange reason , which is missing in original firmware, so have now added it, sorry need to reflash.

https://mega.co.nz/#!xBBw2R7A!Br3wZTC-MNHjcOBDmgmRSlrpRCdwHnJq9U2KLPGQnoY

I can confirm this now works, at least with no-ip for me (nb. time server hasnt set the clock until ppp is up)

Jan 1 00:00:23 (none) user.warn INADYN[1012]: Wed Jan 1 00:00:23 2003: W:IP: Error 0x2 resolving host name 'google.com'
Jan 1 00:00:23 (none) user.warn INADYN[1012]: Wed Jan 1 00:00:23 2003: W:'RC_ERROR' (0x1) updating the IPs. (it 0)
Jan 1 00:01:11 (none) daemon.notice pppd[1069]: pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Jan 1 00:01:11 (none) daemon.notice pppd[1069]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Jan 1 00:01:11 (none) daemon.crit pppd[1069]: PPP LCP UP.
Jan 1 00:01:12 (none) daemon.crit pppd[1069]: Received valid IP address from server. Connection UP.
Jun 14 07:48:56 (none) user.warn INADYN[1012]: Fri Jun 14 07:48:56 2013: W:INADYN: IP address for alias 'xxxxxxxx.no-ip.biz:auto' needs update to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'...
Jun 14 07:48:57 (none) user.warn INADYN[1012]: Fri Jun 14 07:48:57 2013: W:INADYN: Alias 'xxxxxx.no-ip.biz' to IP 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' updated successfully.
Jun 14 07:48:57 (none) user.warn INADYN[1012]: Fri Jun 14 07:48:57 2013: W:INADYN: DYNDNS Server response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK^M Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 07:48:57 GMT^M Server: Apache/2^M Content-Location: update.php^M Vary: negotiate^M TCN: choice^M Content-Length: 17^M Connectio
Message 81 of 1,478
gxrino
Aspirant

Richud, i can confirm that your step by step procedure to update No-ip records via Inadyn commands added to your firmware works perfectly! 😛
Once again: THANKS!
Message 82 of 1,478

Hi Richud,

Thanks for all your hard work, firmware works really well! It would appear the DHCP reservations are broken in the latest version. Can you have a look into this?

Thanks again
Message 83 of 1,478
zimma
Aspirant

Hi Richud,

Awesome firmware by the way. I really hope Netgear take some of the changes you have made onboard and integrate into a legit release.

I have a slight issue with the Wireless though. I'm not sure if this is just me, or whether other are experiencing this aswell, so I thought I'd put it out there.

After I updated to the firmware DGND3700_06101913_A_D.chk from stock netgear I am experiencing some strange issues on the 5G wireless.

I have both 2.4G and 5G wireless set to WPA2-PSK (AES) on the router.

If I connect to the 2.4G access point, my windows 8 reports I am connected with AES. If I connect to the 5G access point, windows reports I am connected TKIP. Both should be AES.

My other windows 8 laptop refuses to connect to 5G completely. This was working just fine with stock netgear f/w.

Has anything changes on the wireless front?
Message 84 of 1,478

Hi Richud,

Ignore my last post, rebooted the router all sorted

Thanks
Message 85 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@michael : cool 🙂

@zimma : afraid I don't own any 5Ghz wireless kit to try, but I haven't touched the wireless at all, it is all closed binary files. (If its saying it is connected via TKIP then it will be also WPA not WPA2....I think). I can only suggest going back to old firmware and seeing if you can replicate it all, then to new again and repeat. Maybe someone here using 5Ghz could comment on their success?
Message 86 of 1,478
zimma
Aspirant

Richud,

I just tried reverting back to the old Netgear firmware and that is the same, so apologies for linking this to your f/w.

When I look at connection properties in my Windows 8 5G client, it states that it is connected 802.11n WPA2-Personal TKIP. This is on both netgear and your firmwares. This is even though I have selected WPA2 (AES) on the setup webpage.

I do still have some throughput issues on 5G, and have a couple of 5G devices that refuse to connect to your firmware on 5G, but connect just fine on netgears f/w. I'm still trying to track down and debug this further.

Would definately be good to know if anyone else is experiencing any issues with 5G wireless.

Cheers

Graham
Message 87 of 1,478
archiunix
Aspirant

Dear richud, first I wanted to thank you for your excellent work.
Hoping that it will be useful to improve the firmware, I want to let you know that he noted the existence of a small bug: precisely the router does not save log files. Then the log window is always empty.
You point out this lack with al hope you can intervene.
Sorry for the imperfect language are Italian.
Kind regards
Message 88 of 1,478
archiunix
Aspirant

Hi richud, you can make SNR is set in steps of 2 db?
Thank you.
Message 89 of 1,478
archiunix
Aspirant

Hi richud, Unfortunately, I must also point out that the activation and UPNP port forwarding does not work.
Message 90 of 1,478
WebSurfer593
Aspirant

The latest firmware (1913) does not show Logs any more - just a blank Logs window.
Message 91 of 1,478
MadaNZ
Aspirant

Hi There,

Any chance of getting a similar tweak for the R6300? I just upgraded from the DGND3700 and am missing the SNR tweak already, I was able to gain an extra 4mbit out of the 3700 and would love to be able to do the same with this!

Love your work
Message 92 of 1,478
MadaNZ
Aspirant

MadaNZ wrote:
Hi There,

Any chance of getting a similar tweak for the R6300? I just upgraded from the DGND3700 and am missing the SNR tweak already, I was able to gain an extra 4mbit out of the 3700 and would love to be able to do the same with this!

Love your work

Sorry I meant to say D6300
Message 93 of 1,478
Naa
Novice
Novice

Richud, thanks. This is totally awesome.

I found out from another forum that the dgnd3700 supports Annex M. Annex M is preferred for those who want higher upload bandwidh. My Internet provider (sonic.net) allows customers to toggle between Annex M and Annex A.

Some modems are able to automatically detect if a line is using Annex M. I'm not sure if the dgnd3700 does however it does have the ability to support it via the command:

xdslctl start --mod m

However every time the modem reboots this option must be set manually.

Can you please provide a gui config option to permanently enable Annex M?
Message 94 of 1,478
inboxriz
Novice

Is there any possibility of compiling this for DGND3700 v2 ?
Message 95 of 1,478
mika91
Novice

Hi,

I'm looking for a modem/router with built-in openvpn & torrent clients.
I want only the torrent traffic to go throug my stongVPN connection.
Is it possible with the D3700?
Thanks
Message 96 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Hi, thanks for the kind words about the firmware. Sorry I've not looked at forum in ages. @archiunix, @websurfer, Have just spent today figuring out why the log window wasn't working, (turns out the problem lay in using the kernel modules from the .20 beta firmware. May have to pull the web server from that firmware too to match or go back to the .17 kernel modules....wish they would release the source code!) @archiunix, upnp seems to work ok for me? what specifically doesn't work for you? @Naa, yes! have been playing around with xdslctl too today. @inboxriz, sorry nope just too much work [although the v2 firmware is a mile easier to do things with as its not a chaotic mess like v1] @mika91: sorry for my ignorance but I don't really know anything about it. If the built in VPN client works to connect to 'whatever', you could make transmission listen on its interface I imagine, but I have never even tried the VPN client in the router.
Message 97 of 1,478
MikeMCS
Aspirant

Hi Richud,
Great firmware!
ii was wondering if you can add the no-ip settings to the webUI?

Does you project accept donations / berr token?:D
Message 98 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

Great job, i've been using it for a week now and its very stable , more than the original, and in my case it connects way faster.
Transmission / samba /telnet / dropbear / no-ip all work as a charm for me ❤️

a nice option to have would be the possibility to use the opgk command (or equivalent) to add more features for the example something like flexget to automatize transmission torrent grabbing or scripts to autoremove completed torrents or some sort of print-server support

again a great job and keep it up 🙂

MikeMCS wrote:

i was wondering if you can add the no-ip settings to the webUI?

its realy easy to do even without following the command lines postet at page 8 :
- enable telnet via the web interface
- connetc to the router with some telnet console like putty or with command prompt (usually ip 192.168.0.1 port 23)
- once logged in use the following commands

~ # param set inadyn_value="-u YOURUSER -p YOURPASSWORD -a gxrino.no-ip.biz --dyndns_system default@no-ip.com"

sets the parameters

~ # param show inadyn_value

to chek if the paramaters are set correctly

~ # param save

saves the paramaters, reboot and your done
Message 99 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

Malpd wrote:

in this line i forgoto to edit it should be ~ # param set inadyn_value="-u YOURUSER -p YOURPASSWORD -a YOURDOMAIN.no-ip.biz --dyndns_system default@no-ip.com"
Message 100 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7